Maximum recurrings of a plan

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163676 by alienfouine
Maximum recurrings of a plan was created by alienfouine
I am trying to set up a promotional plan available only one time for my users as explained in the documentation:

Total number of occurrences of regular validity/price (0=unlimited): [initial value: ] This text field parameter should be populated with the number of allowed subscription occurrences to this plan. The value of „0‟ should be used to indicate that no limit should be enforced. This value could be used in various ways and concepts. One concept is to use this setting to establish a one time promotional plan, where each member can subscribe only once and after the validity period is over no more renewals (re-subscriptions) are allowed. This could be accomplished simply by setting this parameter to the value „1‟.

So, I configured my plan like this:

* always same period and price
* regular price: 1
* regular validity duration: 5 minutes
* Total number of occurrences of regular validity/price: 1
* Action after last recurring (for limitted recurrings): expire subscription

This configuration is working the first time (a subscriber can purchase this plan), at the end of the 5 minutes, the subscription expires... but then, this plan is still available in the upgrade possibilities and the user can purchase it again without any limitation.
So it seems that the "Total number of occurrences" limitation is not taking into account.

Is it a bug ?
Am I doing something wrong ?

I am using J1.6.3, CB 1.4 and CB subs 1.1.2.
(I also tried with J1.5.22, CB 1.4 and CB subs 1.1.2 and get the same behaviour).

Maxime

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #163950 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Maximum recurrings of a plan
Maximum recurrings is for a given subscription to a plan (e.g. auto-recurrings or renewals), not for upgrades.

Are you allowing more than a single subscription to that plan in:

In Edit Plan -> Workflows tab -> Multiple subscriptions per user (at bottom).

?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 11 months ago #164210 by alienfouine
Replied by alienfouine on topic Re: Maximum recurrings of a plan
Thank you for your reply.

Some more details:
I have 3 regular plans. They all have the same features expect the duration ( 12 months, 3 months, 1 month ) and the price.
And I am trying to set up a "free trial" plan with the same features for 3 months and for free. But I want this plan to be available only 1 time for each user. I do not want them to be able to renew it (then they would have to upgrade to the 1 month, 3 months or 12 months plan).

All my 4 plans are set up with:
Multiple subscriptions per user: only one subscription at a time

Does it have a chance to work ?

12 years 10 months ago #164880 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Maximum recurrings of a plan

And I am trying to set up a "free trial" plan with the same features for 3 months and for free. But I want this plan to be available only 1 time for each user. I do not want them to be able to renew it (then they would have to upgrade to the 1 month, 3 months or 12 months plan).

I recommend the below configuration; this should provide what you're wanting.

Plans > Trial Plan > Price
Regular Price of plan: 0
Regular Validity duration: 3 months
Total number of occurrences of regular validity/price (0=unlimitted): 1
Action after last recurring (for limitted recurrings): Expire subscription
Prorate remaining value of this plan when upgrading: No
Bonus time before expiry (for calendar-based durations): No bonus
Renewable in advance by: Non-renewable
Grace period before real expiration: none

The above should provide what you're needing. Additionally I recommend setting the plan to Exclusive and No Upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds