[SOLVED] updating fields after registration of user

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #151373 by abcwine
I am encountering a problem - in that some user have registered but not entered all required information or a change of address is the cause… and that I can not enter / update the information in Community Builder.

Is the only way to do this through PHP admin? If yes, where do I look for each individual registered user's information?

Any suggestions for an easier approach would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #151381 by nant

abcwine wrote: I am encountering a problem - in that some user have registered but not entered all required information or a change of address is the cause… and that I can not enter / update the information in Community Builder.

Is the only way to do this through PHP admin? If yes, where do I look for each individual registered user's information?

Any suggestions for an easier approach would be greatly appreciated!

please give specific example of what you are trying to do.

13 years 3 months ago #151409 by abcwine
I am running CB 1.3.1 on a Joomla 1.5.22 website.

All users are asked to complete a form when registering - some information such as an examination number needs to be added later - post-registration as a user on the website.

When I try to update this field (as well as some other changes) from the backend - nothing happens.

On one of the Forum entries I noticed that in order to make an amendment the administrator needed to enter the PHP admin and enter each field individually.

I hope there is an easier way as I am not that well-versed in this aspect.

Thank you

13 years 3 months ago #151422 by krileon

When I try to update this field (as well as some other changes) from the backend - nothing happens.

What do you mean by nothing happens? When you click "Save" does the page not redirect to User Management and inform you the user has save successfully? Does it just sit there regardless of pressing Save? What type of field are you trying to update? Was it created within Field Management or by a plugin? You should not need to make any PHP changes to change a fields value; editing the user is sufficient.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #151436 by abcwine
Thank you for your precise questions allowing me to be more precise and probably easier to understand:

The field was created within field management (all of the fields have been created this way). The field(s) in question is (are) text fields. And when trying to edit the individual user, the page "just sits there regardless of pressing save"…

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

13 years 3 months ago #151480 by abcwine
Thank you to all, solved the problem - conflict of plugins requiring Legacy to be turned on.
Solution was to unpublish all plugins - not CB core related, turned Legacy off and upgraded plugins to latest versions - others left unpublished…

Result all back to normal and operational as it should be. Thank you to everyone concerned - it was strange as with previous versions I never had this problem it only appeared on upgrading CB after transfering to a new webhost.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn