Session expired when sending email

13 years 2 months ago #152240 by gianpietro
Session expired when sending email was created by gianpietro
Hi,

I'm using the messages menu button to send emails to my community members, but everytime I try to send an email I get the "session expired, please try again" message. I have tried in different times from different PCs and users, all are getting the same message.

I'm using CB 1.3.0. I will soon upgrade to 1.3.1, but haven't seen this as an identified issue.

thanks,
Gianpietro

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #152246 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Session expired when sending email

I'm using CB 1.3.0. I will soon upgrade to 1.3.1, but haven't seen this as an identified issue.

Please first upgrade to CB 1.3.1 and confirm if issue is still present. If so can investigate further. First glance could not duplicate locally on 1.3.1. Some issues get indirectly fixed by fixing other issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #152518 by gianpietro
Replied by gianpietro on topic Re: Session expired when sending email
Hi, I just upgraded to 1.3.1 and the result is the same.
Tried with different browsers and users and the email is not working due to "session expired".

I'm using Joomla 1.5.21, CB 1.3.1 and all other email messages sent from the system are working fine.

Thanks,
Gianpietro

13 years 1 month ago #152528 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re: Session expired when sending email
What other Joomla or CB extensions do you have installed on your site? Most session issues I've seen were caused by some other plugin, e.g. caching plugins.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 1 month ago #152586 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Session expired when sending email
Please run through your Joomla plugins and CB plugins disabling them 1 by 1 aside for CORE plugins. Please also disable Joomla caching. Once done confirm if issue still present. The session error typically happens due to a conflict with another extension which is writing to the users session OR an extension that is caching the page resulting in the security code set by CB always being invalid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #153293 by gianpietro
Replied by gianpietro on topic Re: Session expired when sending email
Hi! I've tried disabling most plugins with no luck yet, but I found some inconsistencies with the system's clock:

For example, my system shows the following timezone information:

Current default time zone: 'America/Lima'
Local time is now: Sat Feb 5 21:19:06 PET 2011.
Universal Time is now: Sun Feb 6 02:19:06 UTC 2011.

However, when a user registers in CB, it registers using the Universal time and not the Local time. I guess other functions of CB are using the same time.

Do you think this could have something to do?

Thanks,
Gianpietro

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn