Front End Update in IE

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #153008 by jackbooty10
Front End Update in IE was created by jackbooty10
I'm having a problem with my front end profile edit in IE - the "Update" button simply doesn't do anything. It works fine in the back-end on IE, and it works fine both ways in Firefox and Chrome. Any ideas as to what's causing this?

Weird - it works for me when I login as super admin, but even if I change another user from author to super admin it won't work for them...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #153169 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Front End Update in IE
CB version? Joomla version? Any errors in error console? What IE version? Need further information. Could not duplicate within IE6, IE7, and IE8. Please test with default Joomla template to confirm if issue is JS related. Submit button triggers validation and then the form is submitted by the validation code, which is why it could be JS related if a fatal JS error is present it'd cause the validation code to never execute.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #153173 by jackbooty10
Replied by jackbooty10 on topic Re: Front End Update in IE
Scratch that - it's not the template - I'll get some details together...

13 years 1 month ago #153176 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Front End Update in IE
Please also ensure you've run the test of disabling CB and Joomla non-core plugins 1 by 1 until resolved. 3rd party extensions/plugins could also be using JS and cause the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn