[SOLVED] Thumbnails no longer created for profile pics

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154078 by IAAF
When uploading an image to a profile (either via front-end or back-end), a thumbnail is no longer generated and image is not resized. This process used to work fine until permissions on all my files were changed. I think the change of permissions on the file is preventing the creation of thumbnails. Everything else appears to be working fine, except thumbnail creation & auto resizing of images. I'm using coolness templates, CB and CB Subs. Could anybody tell me which files in the administrative section and front-end, actually execute the code to create the thumbnails? I need to identify this file so that I can change the permissions of the file to allow the execution of the code (if file permissions is indeed my problem).

Thanks for any help. I do not want to change back the permissions on all files - just the files associated with images. Could someone please let me know which files contain the code for this. My cb and cbsubs are one version behind current.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154146 by krileon
Why did you change permissions? Joomla and CB alike install with the permissions it NEEDS. Changing them will result in problems like you're experiencing; please revert your changes.

You also mention 1 version behind, please upgrade. CB 1.4 has just released and is highly recommended. CBSubs to best of your ability should always remain up to date. This is critical in ensuring no or minimal bugs are present.

Permissions should be set accordingly on the images/, images/comprofiler, administration/components/com_comprofiler, and components/com_comprofiler folders.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #154152 by IAAF
I didn't change the permissions. My site was hacked so the host was trying to fix and changed the permissions. What should the permissions be set to? If I upgrade, will the permissions revert back? or will I be unable to upgrade. Like I said, everything on the site appears to be now working except the ability to auto resize images and the creation of thumbnails. So when a user uploads a profile image and it is huge, it takes up and the whole screen and the whole style is messed up, and there is no thumbnail displayed in the member list.

Please, what should the file permissions be - and what files create the thumbnails & resize images?

Thanks

13 years 2 months ago #154168 by krileon
The following locations need to have their permissions set accordingly.

administrator/ - 755
administrator/components/ - 755
administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ - 755
administrator/components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php - 644
images/ - 755
images/comprofiler/ - 755

imgToolbox.class.php is responsible for creation of the images and their thumbnails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154249 by IAAF
Replied by IAAF on topic [SOLVED] Thumbnails no longer created
thanks so much, after going back and verifying I had made changes correctly (which I had not), everything is now working! Thank you so much for the information!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn