Save Editing without Closing Edit

13 years 2 months ago #154539 by PorthosJ
Save Editing without Closing Edit was created by PorthosJ
Is there a way to have 2 buttons at the bottom of the profile edit screen: one for "Save" and one for "Save and Return to profile view"?

I have a lot of fields on my profiles and many tabs. Users have complained that they get disconnected in the middle of an edit and would like to be able to save occasionally to prevent losing changes that they have made.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #154584 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Save Editing without Closing Edit
Don't believe what you're wanting is possible as the redirect happens PHP side and it's not possible to simply insert a new button that'll cause a save and return. You could use incubator project CB Redirect to hook to the profile edit trigger and redirect users back to profile edit, but this will cause all Save actions to send users back to profile edit instead of profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn