CB Styling Questions

13 years 1 month ago #154581 by awhite12
CB Styling Questions was created by awhite12
Hi guys,
First of all great work on Community Builder. It's really nice and I like the twitter/facebook integration.

I have a few CB styling questions for you guys. I'm assuming most of them require hard coding to the CB files, but I hope not. I don't want to have to redo all my edits every time I upgrade.
  • Is it possible to restrict access to the user profile?
  • I am integrating JComments with CB. I'm using CB only to let people register or log in with their Twitter/Facebook accounts so that they can post comments to my blog post. I don't really think they need a user profile, nor do I want to mange the design of the user profile.
[/li]
  • When users log in on my site there is a ugly bar that appears at the very top of my site that says "You have successfully logged in". Similarly other messages from CB appear at the very top of my page pushing the whole design down. Is there an easy way to move that message bar somewhere else or make it so that it appears inside the login module?
  • I would like to change the layout of the login module to horizontal instead of vertical. How would I go about that.

• Thank you,
    awhite12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #154601 by krileon
    Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Styling Questions

Is it possible to restrict access to the user profile?

Sure, you could within CB configuration set Allow Access To: on the User Profile tab to Super Administrator. This would mean only you can access profiles on frontend. Another option is using Professional subscriber incubator project CB Redirects and redirect away from profile view (the previous option will give users an access error).

When users log in on my site there is a ugly bar that appears at the very top of my site that says "You have successfully logged in". Similarly other messages from CB appear at the very top of my page pushing the whole design down. Is there an easy way to move that message bar somewhere else or make it so that it appears inside the login module?

This is actually a tag within your Joomla template PHP file. It renders all messages whether from CB or not. It should appear as below (if J1.5).
    <jdoc:include type="message" />

You should be able to move it anywhere you see fit within your template or remove it entirely (not suggestion as it also shows errors!).

I would like to change the layout of the login module to horizontal instead of vertical. How would I go about that.

Edit the CB Login module within module manager and change the display as seen fit; it's capable of being displayed vertically or horizontal in compact or non-compact modes.

Kyle (Krileon)
    Community Builder Team Member
    Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
    CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
    --
    If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
    --
    If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
    --
    Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
    --
    My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
    Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn