Forgot login not working

12 years 11 months ago #163677 by NickC4555
Forgot login not working was created by NickC4555
The password reset isn't working on my site using the CB login module. Clicking "Forgot login" goes to where you select name or password, selecting either prompts correctly for email address or username.

The submit button is grayed out until enter is pressed. When it is clicked an error message says: "Password Reset Failed!"

It works fine using the Joomla login module.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #163827 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Forgot login not working
Are emails working at all fro CB? As in are users receiving Welcome/Pending emails? Are examples sent from CB user management Mass Mailer being received? Are you providing a valid username/email address that exists on your site? CB version? Joomla version? Please provide further details.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #163834 by NickC4555
Replied by NickC4555 on topic Re: Forgot login not working
Other emails working, yes. Tried both PHP and SMTP. CB1.4, Joomla 1.5.23.

Yes, providing correct email address (as I said it works fine using the Joomla login module).

I've solved the issue by combining the standard Joomla lost credentials functions (together with the Reset Password plugin from Mark Totzke) with the CB login module. This is more elegant than the CB lost password/username functions anyway. Love CB, but this bit isn't a great user experience even when it works.

Thanks for your help.

12 years 11 months ago #163853 by krileon
If possible could you please PM the email address to me so I may test the address locally (will change domain so no email will send). Am curious if there's a character in the address that could be causing it to fail the forgot login features email validation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #163865 by krileon
Tested the email and seams to pass validation. Would appear it's failing at the notification function sendFromSystem. Alternatively if the POST is missing "checkemail" would result in failure as well. However if this was the case then other CB emails should fail as well. Unsure of what the issue is at this time and will need to investigate further, apologize for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #174101 by krileon
Thanks to pkort for finding a solution to this issue while using sh404SEF. Please see the below steps.

sh404SEF > Configuration > Component > Comprofiler > No Caching

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn