[SOLVED] CB Profile Book 1.2 | module bugs?

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #166932 by pepperstreet
[SOLVED] CB Profile Book 1.2 | module bugs? was created by pepperstreet
Joomla 1.5.23, CB 1.4, PB 1.2

Just played with the stable release of CB Profile Book Module. Thinking about a light "activity" usage. The substitution support sounds great, and I tried only the default settings and some minor changes to get used to it.

In my test I used the "ALL" mode and registered 5 test users. Entered Wall and Blog entries. I checked the frontend as guest and 2 different registered users.

2 Problems:
1.) I always see the output from the SELF parameter boxes ?! I can´t see the different output for guests or another registered user
2.) The substitution [title] does not work for WALL entries. The output is nothing. (Even [post] is working)

1 Question:
I don´t have a clue how to use the additional substitutions: avatar_url, name_url, profile_url
Please, can you give an example with the right syntax ;-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #167008 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Profile Book 1.2 | module bugs?
The right syntax was provided as the default parameters. ;)

The _url substitutions are simply [avatar_url] for instance. They display exactly as they indicate, the URL to the users avatar or their profile or their name with URL to profile. There are only displays for "Self" and "User"; not sure where you're seeing the others. Self displays if you're viewing your own posts. User is if you're viewing a post that's not yours. Wall posts also have no titles, which is why the default is always "wall entry" instead of trying to render a title. Default parameters are as follows.

Guestbook (User):
{p[cb:userfield field="formatname" reason="list" /]} added a new <a href="{e[url]}">guestbook entry</a> to {r[cb:userfield field="formatname" reason="list" /]} - {e[date]}

Guestbook (Self):
{p[cb:userfield field="formatname" reason="list" /]} added a new <a href="{e[url]}">guestbook entry</a> - {e[date]}

Blog (User):
{p[cb:userfield field="formatname" reason="list" /]} wrote a new blog "<a href="{e[url]}">{e[title]}</a>" to {r[name_url]} - {e[date]}

Blog (Self):
{p[cb:userfield field="formatname" reason="list" /]} wrote a new blog "<a href="{e[url]}">{e[title]}</a>" - {e[date]}

Wall (User):
{p[cb:userfield field="formatname" reason="list" /]} added a new <a href="{e[url]}">wall entry</a> to {r[cb:userfield field="formatname" reason="list" /]} - {e[date]}

Wall (Self):
{p[cb:userfield field="formatname" reason="list" /]} added a new <a href="{e[url]}">wall entry</a> - {e[date]}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #167037 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB Profile Book 1.2 | module bugs?
1. Thanks for the explanations. I think I understood the usage and the meaning of SELF and USER. But I do always see the SELF output?! And i tried it with my different test users and as guest. To be sure, I put the big word "SELF" behind the respective params... and the big word "USER" in the other ones. In frontend I always see "SELF" at the end...

2. No title in wall post – makes sense! ;-) :-)

3. Yes, I was glad to find the defaults, but the additional params are mentioned in the description only. How do I use them? I can´t get an avatar...

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167063 by krileon

1. Thanks for the explanations. I think I understood the usage and the meaning of SELF and USER. But I do always see the SELF output?! And i tried it with my different test users and as guest. To be sure, I put the big word "SELF" behind the respective params... and the big word "USER" in the other ones. In frontend I always see "SELF" at the end...

Self should only be used if poster id is equal to user id. Meaning if Poster is 62 and User is 83 then "User" would be used, but if User is 62 then "Self" would be used. Have reviewed source and there's no reason it should display otherwise.

3. Yes, I was glad to find the defaults, but the additional params are mentioned in the description only. How do I use them? I can´t get an avatar...

This is described directly in the description above the parameters.

{e[title]} = entry title
{e[post]} = entry post
{e[date]} = entry date
{e} = entry live site URL

{pSUBSTITUTION} = display substitution for poster
Example: {p[username]}

{rSUBSTITUTION} = display substitution for recipient
Example: {r[username]}

The following no longer work, but were not removed in the XML (bug).

avatar_url, name_url, profile_url

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167123 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB Profile Book 1.2 | module bugs?
1. I can´t get the USER output ?!
Just to be sure I got the idea: I posted as USER1...
If I browse the page and PB module I will see the content-layout from SELF box.
If I visit the page as USER2 or GUEST, i should see the content-layout from USER box.
Thats not working for me, I always see the SELF text output. Mmmh...

3. Grrrmpf, fortunately I did not spend many hours ;-)
No chance to get the avatar thumb? Why is this? Please, could you add this feature? Some older forum posts indicate that it worked in an older release!? It comes closer to an activity-stream with a "human touch".

12 years 10 months ago #167174 by krileon

1. I can´t get the USER output ?!
Just to be sure I got the idea: I posted as USER1...
If I browse the page and PB module I will see the content-layout from SELF box.
If I visit the page as USER2 or GUEST, i should see the content-layout from USER box.
Thats not working for me, I always see the SELF text output. Mmmh...

It's not based off the viewing user (sorry, my previous reply was incorrect). It's based off the stored user. Meaning if the user posted on their own wall it will use Self. If the user posted on a different users wall it will use User. Examples as follows.

User1 (POSTER) posts on User1 (RECIPIENT) wall = Self
User1 (POSTER) posts on User2 (RECIPIENT) wall = User

It's purely based off what is stored in the database as to who made the post and who received the post.

3. Grrrmpf, fortunately I did not spend many hours
No chance to get the avatar thumb? Why is this? Please, could you add this feature? Some older forum posts indicate that it worked in an older release!? It comes closer to an activity-stream with a "human touch".

It supports substitutions completely so you could display whatever you want. The below displays the thumbnail avatar.

[cb:userfield field="avatar" reason="list" /]

Example:
{p[cb:userfield field="avatar" reason="list" /]}
OR
{r[cb:userfield field="avatar" reason="list" /]}

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.429 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn