autojoin exclude categories/groups

12 years 5 months ago #178211 by CherryRed
autojoin exclude categories/groups was created by CherryRed
I am very impressed with GJ2.4 and enjoying getting to know my way round it

I have set up several categories and groups, most of which will be optional but there is one group 'everyone' to which I plan to set up an auto so everyone joins up to it on registration.

Meanwhile I have set up a new field (on the contact info tab) of type autojoin which will display on registration. When setting the field specific parameters, if I leave ALL the categories/groups included, then all is well on the frontend at registration [By which I mean all the categories and groups are displayed in a multiselect box.] However if I exclude the category/group called 'everyone' (and only that group) then on the frontend ALL the groups/categories disappear from the multi-select box.

Have I done something wrong or is this a bug? I imagine it is me....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #178213 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: autojoin exclude categories/groups
Are all the groups displayed in the "everyone" category? If so then it will exclude all groups in that category. This won't force a user to join your group either, but perhaps you should be using an auto setup with a trigger (after registration) to force them into the group?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #178217 by CherryRed
Replied by CherryRed on topic Re: autojoin exclude categories/groups
No, the group 'everyone' is the only group in a category called 'all members'
There are several other categories, within which there are various groups - the ones I want as opt-ins

Also, when I set 'display categories' to hide, such that only groups are listed in the select box, there is a blank line in the select box above the list of groups, which is selectable.

Cherry

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #178219 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: autojoin exclude categories/groups

No, the group 'everyone' is the only group in a category called 'all members'
There are several other categories, within which there are various groups - the ones I want as opt-ins

And by excluding the "everyone" group it results in all groups being hidden? I don't quite understand, could you please be more specific as to what is happening? Perhaps provide screenshots of frontend and your field configuration?

Also, when I set 'display categories' to hide, such that only groups are listed in the select box, there is a blank line in the select box above the list of groups, which is selectable.

Right, that's what the parameter does. It hides the opt group (category name) and just displays a giant list of all possible groups. Please be sure to review the info icons next to each parameter closely.

The blank space is due to the field not being set to required. It's so they can select no groups if they prefer.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #178221 by CherryRed
Thanks - I understand about the blank space now. That was my only concern - I knew how the rest was meant to work!

will do screenshots in a bit

12 years 5 months ago #178223 by CherryRed
I think I attached the screen shots - they aren't showing up as I post so will check

capture1 shows the backend, where I hope to exclude group 'everyone' and only that group

capture2 shows the resulting frontend

capture3 shows the autojoin at the frontend when all the groups and categories are included round the back
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn