[#4102] Name field changes upon front-end profile edit

10 years 9 months ago #230285 by NVFOA_Webmaster
Replied by NVFOA_Webmaster on topic Name field changes upon front-end profile edit
Aha! Yes, that does fix this specific issue. However, I really do not want members to be able to change their last name in the roster without notifying our Commissioner since that creates many other unrelated problems. And I don't believe this process always worked this way in the past.

Is it possible to add this to a "fix" or "requested feature" list for the future. One should not need to leave the lastname field as editable in order to see the correct full name in the user manager list at all times.

If I need to make that request in another part of the CB site, please advise.

Having said all that, I certainly do appreciate your willingness to help identify the issue. You guys do a great job!

Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #230292 by krileon
IMO that's a bug. When last name is read only it should maintain the existing value so it's certainly not working properly. I've created the below bug ticket to investigate and fix for CB 1.9.1.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4102

Unfortunately for now you'll need to leave it editable as I do not have a quickfix for you at this time and will provide one if possible after I've investigated the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NVFOA_Webmaster

10 years 9 months ago #230447 by krileon
Ok, was able to confirm and resolve your issue. The below quickfix will fix the problem.

IN: /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php
ON: Lines 376 - 386
							$firstname		=	stripslashes( cbGetParam( $postdata, 'firstname' ) );
							if ( $firstname ) {
								$nameArr[]	=	 $firstname;
							}
							if ( $ueConfig['name_style'] == 3 ) {
								$middlename	=	stripslashes( cbGetParam( $postdata, 'middlename' ) );
								if ( $middlename ) {
									$nameArr[]	=	$middlename;
								}
							}
							$lastname		=	stripslashes( cbGetParam( $postdata, 'lastname' ) );
TO:
							$firstname		=	stripslashes( cbGetParam( $postdata, 'firstname', $user->firstname ) );
							if ( $firstname ) {
								$nameArr[]	=	 $firstname;
							}
							if ( $ueConfig['name_style'] == 3 ) {
								$middlename	=	stripslashes( cbGetParam( $postdata, 'middlename', $user->middlename ) );
								if ( $middlename ) {
									$nameArr[]	=	$middlename;
								}
							}
							$lastname		=	stripslashes( cbGetParam( $postdata, 'lastname', $user->lastname ) );

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #230463 by NVFOA_Webmaster
Replied by NVFOA_Webmaster on topic Name field changes upon front-end profile edit
Outstanding! That appears to completely resolve the issue.

Thanks again for the great support!

Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn