[#4101] Forum Integration (Kunena) - icons not showing

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #230226 by Vorak
Hello,

I recently discovered the extra possibilities that the CB "Forum Integration" plugin allows, by switching to "beginner (field selection)". So I selected a number of fields in there, but not all are working.

The ones that do work are:
- Gender (which was what I was trying to get to work correctly, and this is how I found these settings lol)

But I have also set for other fields, such as these:
- Facebook
- Twitter
- Myspace
- Flickr

I make sure that, in my own profile for testing purposes, these fields are all filled out. Then I go to the Kunena forums and look at the sidebar of a post I made, and I do see icons for gender, location and website, but not for Facebook, Twitter and the others.

Do I need to do something else to make sure these show up there as well?

Thanks!

P.S. I use the latest version of CB (1.9) and also of Kunena (downloaded a few weeks ago).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #230269 by krileon
For Facebook, Twitter, etc.. it's expecting the users social site ID. Try using a text field for example, supply it your Facebook ID, then map the Facebook icon to your new field, now see if it displays fine. If you're using CB Connect fields to try and map to those icons it may not work as the fields parse out as URLs to click and navigate to a users social site profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #230284 by Vorak
Thanks for your reply...

I had set weblink fields for Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, etc...

So I deleted the field for Myspace (hardly used anymore anyway) and created a new text field. In my own profile, I added the username of my Myspace account (everything after myspace.com/ ) but no luck. In the Kunena forums, there's no icon added to link to my profile on Myspace...

10 years 9 months ago #230290 by krileon
Ok, am currently working on CB 1.9.1 and have created the below bug ticket to investigate. If an issue is found will be fixed for next release. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you at this time, but if possible to quickfix, after I've investigated, I'll provide the quickfix here.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4101

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #230291 by Vorak
Ok thank you. :) I will wait for the quickfix when it becomes available.

10 years 9 months ago #230448 by krileon
Have investigated the issue and while CB was not populating the values due to a version check bug it still won't fix your issue as Kunena does not appear to display social buttons in the sidebar anymore. You can test this by disabling CB integration to Kunena then navigate to your Kunena profile and add your social site IDs, then save your Kunena profile, now go to a post you made and you'll notice there is no icons; they appear to only show inside if your actual Kunena profile now.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn