Error: CB Login module not created (required).

9 years 5 months ago #250456 by studiocardo
Hi Guys

After upgrading to CB2.0, I receive the following error message on the registration page:

"Error: CB Login module not created (required)."

My site uses 3rd Party login modules so it has not used CB Login module for a long time, and I would really prefer to stay that way. How do I circumvent this issue?

Please advise.

Thank you for your help.
SH

CB: 2.0
Joomla: 3.3.6

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #250502 by krileon
CB Login module is required. Without it you are not logging in through CB API unless your module uses CB API to login a user. Only reason to see that on registration is if you've your registration set to show login within CB > Configuration > Registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #250517 by studiocardo
Replied by studiocardo on topic Error: CB Login module not created (required).
Hi Kyle

In my CB1.9 installation, CB Login was used initially, but it was unpublished primarily due to esthetic and responsiveness. Since then, I've been using SuperLoginPro and SCLogin, both are written specifically to allow user login to CB. And they have worked very well for me.

And what do you mean by "if you've your registration set to show login within CB > Configuration > Registration."?

Enclosed pls find a screen shot of the configuration/registration window, and I see no such field "show login"!

All in all, I just want to retain the use my existing 3rd party login without publishing. Please advise how to make that happen.

Thanks,
SH

Joomla: 3.3.6
CB: 2.0.0

File Attachment:

File Name: CBConfigur...tion.pdf
File Size:78 KB
Attachments:

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #250607 by krileon

In my CB1.9 installation, CB Login was used initially, but it was unpublished primarily due to esthetic and responsiveness. Since then, I've been using SuperLoginPro and SCLogin, both are written specifically to allow user login to CB. And they have worked very well for me.

None of that's an issue anymore for CB 2.0. The modules have been rewritten to follow Joomla module styling and are completely template override compatible.

Enclosed pls find a screen shot of the configuration/registration window, and I see no such field "show login"!

"Login on Registration" has a big green "Yes" selected. That means it's trying to show CB Login on your registration page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: studiocardo

9 years 2 months ago #256921 by MaxDurango
Replied by MaxDurango on topic Error: CB Login module not created (required).
I have to say this is really weak. We have two issues that have been very serious from this
1) the CB login module is ugly as heck. We had a perfectly manicured login module that properly used template style, this thing is rogue.

2) We use menu aliases that link to another menu with restricted items. This method allows us to show menu choice but ask for a password. The redirects associated with CB 2.0 completely f**** up when it's the login module. It redirects to some page, usually profile, instead of letting the user continue to the page they were trying to get.

9 years 2 months ago #256972 by krileon

1) the CB login module is ugly as heck. We had a perfectly manicured login module that properly used template style, this thing is rogue.

Our CB 2.x login module follows Joomlas layout nearly 1:1. For Joomla 2.5 use Default. For Joomla 3.3 use Bootstrap. They're designed to mimic the default Joomla template login modules. It's done this way, because that's what users have requested over the years. To expect our modules to match your custom template is an impossible task to request of us; that's something you need to do, which you can now using a Joomla template layout for the CB login module since we support Joomla layouts now for our module.

CB 2.x has completely rewritten -all- of our HTML. Do not expect CB 1.x HTML structure as it doesn't exist anymore.

2) We use menu aliases that link to another menu with restricted items. This method allows us to show menu choice but ask for a password. The redirects associated with CB 2.0 completely f**** up when it's the login module. It redirects to some page, usually profile, instead of letting the user continue to the page they were trying to get.

Don't understand your issue. Are you referring to the access denied page or login redirect? CB doesn't touch Joomlas menu items so I don't understand the problem or how CB could have anything to do with a menu alias. Internal menu items on J2.5 and greater were broken with CB 1.x so that could be an issue of us fixing the menu behavior; have you tried editing and re-saving your menu items? As Joomla menu aliases just point to another Joomla menu item I can't see how CB could break this; do the menu items that the aliases are pointing to work fine?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn