[SOLVED] [#5416] [#5225] Cron job help

9 years 1 week ago - 8 years 8 months ago #260869 by ecweb
Hi,
I am trying to setup cron jobs to process the mailer in cb subs but it is failing.
When I view the output of the cron job in the log file, i can see that the following error is shown:
"Please log in or register to view or modify your profile."

The cron job I have setup in cpanel is attached in the text file.

Do you have any advice?

[MOD EDIT]: CRON URLs contain a unique site key that is exposed in your attached file. File removed for your safety.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 week ago #260893 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cron job help
Your URL has no Itemid so it's going to find the first Joomla menu item it can that will match the URL parameters. Then it'll use that menu item for its access.

At any rate direct access to your URL worked fine and displayed "Processed 0 messages into the email queue.". Please contact your host with CRON setup assistance.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #260924 by ecweb
Replied by ecweb on topic Cron job help
Thanks for your help so far Kyle,
Do I give the URL just any itemid or should it be the itemid of a particular CB page?
If I just instruct the cron job to access the url directly, then I get the reply "mbwc.org.au/index.php?option=com_comprofiler: No such file or directory"

Sorry to be asking many questions - but:
- having manually clicked on the cron url's I have one message in the message queue to be sent - but it is not being sent and I can't seem to get it to send either manually or via cron?
- when I manually try to send the message from mailer, I get a prompt to setup cron jobs and a warning that "Missing private xml method ajaxversioncheck"

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #260965 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cron job help

Do I give the URL just any itemid or should it be the itemid of a particular CB page?

It shouldn't need one if you've a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page. Based off my test navigating directly to the URL you've this setup already.

If I just instruct the cron job to access the url directly, then I get the reply "mbwc.org.au/index.php?option=com_comprofiler: No such file or directory"

Try starting the CRON URL with just index.php. Maybe your host wants the domain omitted. Again, you need to contact your host as this is host configuration. I've no idea what configuration they're expecting.

- having manually clicked on the cron url's I have one message in the message queue to be sent - but it is not being sent and I can't seem to get it to send either manually or via cron?

There's multiple URLs for processing the mailer. 1 can process the queue, 1 can send the queue, and another can handle both. Ensure you're using the appropriate URL. The message in the queue might not yet meet the conditions of the mailer. Please review your CBSubs documentation carefully for mailer configuration. If still not working the provide a screenshot of your mailer configuration as there could be a configuration issue with the mailer (e.g. stuck in a state where it's cancelling its own condition out).

- when I manually try to send the message from mailer, I get a prompt to setup cron jobs and a warning that "Missing private xml method ajaxversioncheck"

That's just an XML parameter not working right. Believe we've fixed this already for next CBSubs build, but it won't cause any problems for the URLs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 days ago - 9 years 4 days ago #261303 by ecweb
Replied by ecweb on topic Cron job help
Thanks Kyle,
We are now making significant headway.
However, when the cron job is running now I get the report
"Processed 0 messages into the email queue." (when it should process a few emails)
If I then manually access the url via Mailers internal link it says
"Processed 9 messages into the email queue."
Any tips on this - it seems like the cron is accessing the url ok but that somehow CB subs is not responding correctly to the cron?

Extra info:
Interestingly, the cron to process the mailqueue works ok - however the cron to process mailer rules only ends up processing '0' messages.

9 years 1 day ago #261475 by ecweb
Replied by ecweb on topic Help with cron and mailer
I am both an advanced member and have a subscription to cb subs.
I have setup a mailer which emails all members who have less than 2 weeks before their subscription expires.
When I ran the Url of cron task to process mailers rules manually then 579 emails were added to the mailer queue.
However, when I a few hours later ran the Url of cron task to process mailqueue - no emails were sent.
I then deleted all emails to be sent from the mail queue - and now no matter what I do, the system does not add any new emails to the mail queue.
Can you please help?
I have attached a screenshot of the settings for the mailer - I can't see any obvious errors here and there aren't any extra conditions applied to this mailer that would cause conflict.
I need this working as I need to send out my renewal email to all members asap.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn