Is there a reason Advance Membership was discontinued?

8 years 10 months ago #264915 by damurphy
I noticed that my cost of membership increased 160% to $259 per year. Most of the CB addons I don't need or want. I currently use CB_connect, antispam and CB name remover.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #264918 by nant

damurphy wrote: I noticed that my cost of membership increased 160% to $259 per year. Most of the CB addons I don't need or want. I currently use CB_connect, antispam and CB name remover.

Advanced membership has been discontinued because it no longer makes sense since CB 2.0+ now has 11 previously paid add-ons (most of them part of the no longer offered Advanced membership) built-in.

See this announcement:
www.joomlapolis.com/news/18481-11-previously-commercial-add-ons-included-in-cb-20

In its place we have introduced a 3 month and 6 month Professional plan that you can use if you want to keep your costs down.

Please note that we sent all Advanced members at least 3 personalized emails with great offers to migrate/upgrade to Professional membership.

Check your emails (and spam folder) for these.
If needed please send me a private message and I will extend this to you also now.

8 years 10 months ago #264939 by jojo12
sorry, but I dislike this.

8 years 10 months ago #264943 by damurphy
You have NOT addressed the reason for the 160% price increase. Community Builder is becoming overpriced and bloated. Forcing your customers to pay for add-ons they don't need or want is extortion. Your customers are not going to tolerate such extortion and price-gouging. I recommend you re-think your pricing policies. If you want a bad reputation, this is the way to get it.

There are other companies which offer the same add-ons at much more reasonable prices.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.650 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn