Move tab order on profile edit

8 years 7 months ago #270540 by Satchi
Move tab order on profile edit was created by Satchi
Hi,

Just trying to move the tab 'canvas edit' to 2nd position and the 'edit info' to the first spot.

Tried the normal stuff, but can't seem to reorder these.

I'm sure it's a simple thing - but any help would be appreciated thanks!

Satchi
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #270566 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Move tab order on profile edit
Profile edit ordering is based off profile view ordering. Problem is profile edit doesn't have positions so this doesn't entirely make much sense. We've plans to improve the ordering in a future release (already have feature ticket). Ideally it should at least use same ordering as registration and not same ordering as profile view.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #270568 by Satchi
Replied by Satchi on topic Move tab order on profile edit
Ok, if I understand you, it can't be done right now but may be included in a future release?

best regards,

Satchi

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #270623 by krileon
Yes, initially we'll probably just change its ordering to be based off Registration Ordering since it makes most sense at this time.

Later down the road we'll have a layout editor and you'll just be able to drag and drop them to display however you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Satchi

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #277027 by wrongjon
Replied by wrongjon on topic Move tab order on profile edit
Hi Kyle

Yes i really need this ability too as my client wants the CONTACT tab to be seen first during profile edit but the avatar/photo tab is showing first as its first on profile.

Or a way to set the default tab to show when go in to edit profile even if it not the first in the list

I can see the links when you click on a tab are something like this below so would be really neat if you could link to edit profile and have your chosen tab set to display first just by adding thsi to your link so it could be different each time. That way you could have a link on your site saying edit your contact info here..... edit your photo and each link open edit profile and auto switch to the tab you want?

/profile/edit-profile#cbtabpane11

I think if you look at my tab set up I could maybe achive the desired result by moving tabs in to the same profile position?

forgot to add in the meantime is there a hack we can apply to force tabs to use registration ordering for now? or some javascript we can add to profile edit to force a certain tab to SHOW when page loads even if its not first in the order?
Attachments:

8 years 2 months ago #277221 by krileon
The profile edit display uses tab position and tab ordering to determine profile edit tab ordering. This can't be changed at this time. You can link to a profile edit tab directly by using &tab=TAB_TITLE in your profile edit URL. CB is open source so it is of course possibly to modify the core code to change the edit order usage, but we do not support core edits and can not advise you in any way regarding such edits.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn