[#5673] CB Forums plugin - missing fields

8 years 4 months ago #275422 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Forums plugin - missing fields
To display forum rank you need to create a new fieldtype of "Forum Status" then within Parameters > Display set "Status" to "Rank". The rank it outputs is entirely coming from Kunena API. So if it shows moderator then that's just what Kunenas API is responding with, but it typically happens when the user is a moderator of at least 1 forum category.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #275424 by gjschaller
Replied by gjschaller on topic CB Forums plugin - missing fields
This is odd, because it's reporting "Senior Boarder" on the output for my live site, and "Moderator" on my test site for the same user after mapping a field to "Rank".

I'll experiment a bit over the weekend and also check with the Kunena team, see if there's something I am missing.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

8 years 4 months ago #275427 by krileon
Looks like the Kunena rank API can be sent a category id to filter it down to only checking moderator status of a specific category. That doesn't really make sense in the context of a CB field though as the CB field is to output their global forum rank. Since your user is a moderator of at least 1 category it outputs them as moderator.

It looks like I can add a new substitution like karmaplus and karmaminus to output the rank provided by Kunena it self. Have added a feature ticket for this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5673

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

8 years 4 months ago #275447 by gjschaller
Wonderful - thank you!

It makes sense that someone may be a moderator on one board (in GroupJive), but not the board as a whole... thank you for digging into this.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

8 years 4 months ago #275466 by krileon
Once the MR has been merged we'll release a new nightly and you'll be able to use all of the following in the sidebar parameters.

[karmaplus]
[karmaminus]
[karmatitle]
[karma]
[rankimage]
[ranktitle]
[posts]
[thankyou]
[points]
[medals]
[personaltext]

Those are all that Kunena provides. Specifically [rankimage] and [ranktitle] will fit your needs.

We use peer review for all our merges and Beat is busy at this time so it maybe until Monday before it's merged.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

8 years 4 months ago #275468 by gjschaller
No worries and no rush... thank you for your quick response!

I *may* be forced to go watch Star Wars a few more times to pass the time. Oh, the horror. :-)

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn