Going Live!

15 years 6 months ago #76930 by krileon
Going Live! was created by krileon
Well my massive social networking site is finally going live.

Doing upload as I type this. Hefty upload (over 700mbs), lol.

We expect to be operational and public read by monday. Still got some business junk to take care of first. Terms and conditions being approved by our lawyer. Won't get that till monday so obviously can't launch this weekend.

Anyway, I'll explain what we are about.

Have you ever ran into a friend that has 2-3 or even 4 social networks? Sucks having to sign up to each one and go to each one just to see what's going on. How about you bring them to us.

You're probably wondering why would I have them sign up for yet another social network. Well here's why. I've designed a method to embed all their other social networks into 1 profile. You no longer need to visit multiple sites or sign up for multiple social networks. Simply sign up with us. Invite your friend over and have them plug in their other social network usernames and tada! You can now view ALL their profiles from 1 location.

We've got PLENTY more features at your disposal. Maybe you just need a place to post all your classified ads for FREE! We provide full searching capability that surpasses the competition. How about listing your ebay items directly in your profile? It's simple, you type in your ebay username and your listings are pulled directly to your profile automatically. What's even better? Users can buy your ebay items straight from your profile.

What if it's your birthday? Ever wish you had a functional wishlist that didn't require a bunch of work? Well here it is. Your amazin wishlist will pull straight to your profile. Your friends can buy you that gift you REALLY want without having to ask you about it! Just fill up your wishlist and all the work is done for you!

Get tired of participating in these social networks and nothing to show for it? Not with us! Everything you do can get you close and closer to winning funny and random awards! Show off how active you are.

Maybe you're not a social person? Like games? Thought so! We've got a library of over 1,500 games all at your disposal. Heck, you don't even have to register with us. You can play anytime anywhere!

Ever wonder why the groups on these other social networks are so, well, weak? Not anymore. You've got full control of your groups. Tired of bulletins with crummy BBCode support only? Not here! You get a full HTML editor at your disposal. Make them bulletins how you want them to be! What's better then that? Personal full functional forum. You get your own private forum only group members have access to! Post anything you like and it's your secret! :)

What about blogging? Love it or hate it. We've made it simple and in depth. No longer must you rely on strictly BBCode. You get a powerful HTML editor to design your blog posts anyway you can think of. Express your self the way you're meant to!

Want to know when the next big band event is? Check out our events. We've got a full featured calender for you to explore. Find the event you're looking for on the day you want or even post your own!

Maybe you just want to get some traffic to your site? Well we offer a link exchange program to ALL registered users FREE! Simple plug in your link and provide one of the many back links to us. We'll drive you traffic as long as you drive us traffic! Nothing better then working together with those around us on the web. Each user gets 1 link that'll never expire!

Tired of profile customization being so complicated? Just want to change a color or maybe add a background image? We've made it easy! Plug in your desired color or even the link to your image and it's all done for you! That's it! Maybe you're an advanced user though? We've given you tech savvy folks a full blown CSS box. You can change the entire CSS layout of your profile! What's better? You don't have to fish for the tags! We've provided you with the default CSS template for you to change as you see fit.

Like videos? Hate having to type all that embed code out? We've done it all for you. All you need is the link to your video and that's it! We've given support to embed videos from over 20 different providers! Even myspace videos!

Always running out of photo space? Tired of being so limited? We have given you 50 picture uploads at 2mbs each! You can even create up to 10 personal categories for all your pictures.

Have a couple favorite RSS feeds? Always wanted to show them off? Now you can. You can have up to 5 RSS feeds pulled directly to your profile!

The list goes on and on! We've got it all for you to explore.

You can find us here .

Currently the site is NOT available so visiting the link provided will bring no justice. We will be live approx. Monday.

If you're a business and would like to advertise with us we have packages available for nearly every budget.

Also if you're interested in web hosting we are also in affiliation with our own hosting provider. They can provide you with all your hosting needs. Budget, Reseller, Business, or Dedicated. They've even got special packages just for joomla hosting.

I'll let you all know when we are finally up and running!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76953 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Going Live!
krileon wrote:

Well my massive social networking site is finally going live.

Doing upload as I type this. Hefty upload (over 700mbs), lol.

We expect to be operational and public read by monday. Still got some business junk to take care of first. Terms and conditions being approved by our lawyer. Won't get that till monday so obviously can't launch this weekend.

Anyway, I'll explain what we are about.

Have you ever ran into a friend that has 2-3 or even 4 social networks? Sucks having to sign up to each one and go to each one just to see what's going on. How about you bring them to us.

You're probably wondering why would I have them sign up for yet another social network. Well here's why. I've designed a method to embed all their other social networks into 1 profile. You no longer need to visit multiple sites or sign up for multiple social networks. Simply sign up with us. Invite your friend over and have them plug in their other social network usernames and tada! You can now view ALL their profiles from 1 location.

We've got PLENTY more features at your disposal. Maybe you just need a place to post all your classified ads for FREE! We provide full searching capability that surpasses the competition. How about listing your ebay items directly in your profile? It's simple, you type in your ebay username and your listings are pulled directly to your profile automatically. What's even better? Users can buy your ebay items straight from your profile.

What if it's your birthday? Ever wish you had a functional wishlist that didn't require a bunch of work? Well here it is. Your amazin wishlist will pull straight to your profile. Your friends can buy you that gift you REALLY want without having to ask you about it! Just fill up your wishlist and all the work is done for you!

Get tired of participating in these social networks and nothing to show for it? Not with us! Everything you do can get you close and closer to winning funny and random awards! Show off how active you are.

Maybe you're not a social person? Like games? Thought so! We've got a library of over 1,500 games all at your disposal. Heck, you don't even have to register with us. You can play anytime anywhere!

Ever wonder why the groups on these other social networks are so, well, weak? Not anymore. You've got full control of your groups. Tired of bulletins with crummy BBCode support only? Not here! You get a full HTML editor at your disposal. Make them bulletins how you want them to be! What's better then that? Personal full functional forum. You get your own private forum only group members have access to! Post anything you like and it's your secret! :)

What about blogging? Love it or hate it. We've made it simple and in depth. No longer must you rely on strictly BBCode. You get a powerful HTML editor to design your blog posts anyway you can think of. Express your self the way you're meant to!

Want to know when the next big band event is? Check out our events. We've got a full featured calender for you to explore. Find the event you're looking for on the day you want or even post your own!

Maybe you just want to get some traffic to your site? Well we offer a link exchange program to ALL registered users FREE! Simple plug in your link and provide one of the many back links to us. We'll drive you traffic as long as you drive us traffic! Nothing better then working together with those around us on the web. Each user gets 1 link that'll never expire!

Tired of profile customization being so complicated? Just want to change a color or maybe add a background image? We've made it easy! Plug in your desired color or even the link to your image and it's all done for you! That's it! Maybe you're an advanced user though? We've given you tech savvy folks a full blown CSS box. You can change the entire CSS layout of your profile! What's better? You don't have to fish for the tags! We've provided you with the default CSS template for you to change as you see fit.

Like videos? Hate having to type all that embed code out? We've done it all for you. All you need is the link to your video and that's it! We've given support to embed videos from over 20 different providers! Even myspace videos!

Always running out of photo space? Tired of being so limited? We have given you 50 picture uploads at 2mbs each! You can even create up to 10 personal categories for all your pictures.

Have a couple favorite RSS feeds? Always wanted to show them off? Now you can. You can have up to 5 RSS feeds pulled directly to your profile!

The list goes on and on! We've got it all for you to explore.

You can find us here .

Currently the site is NOT available so visiting the link provided will bring no justice. We will be live approx. Monday.

If you're a business and would like to advertise with us we have packages available for nearly every budget.

Also if you're interested in web hosting we are also in affiliation with our own hosting provider. They can provide you with all your hosting needs. Budget, Reseller, Business, or Dedicated. They've even got special packages just for joomla hosting.

I'll let you all know when we are finally up and running!

Wow a very nice and well thought concept B)

Looking forward to see the live beast (as you said it's not live yet) :)

Wishing you a huge success :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76959 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Going Live!
Thanks.

Yeah put a lot of time into getting all the features of other social networks. Improving on them. Then adding more features not found elsewhere.

It's hard to compete with a giant like myspace simply because they're already popular, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

This upload is taking ages. Luckily I've setup a queue in my FTP client and can get it all up today, lol.

Database hasn't been uploaded yet though.

I've got to setup the e-mail accounts and plugin my adsense ID, but other then that really there isn't much left to do except a quick run down of the features to make sure everything functions live.

Hopefully the success of the site will be something amazing as I do plan to give back to the CB team whenever possible. You guys deserve it for all your hard work and without you guys this wouldn't have been such an easy task for 1 man.

Already have my road map written out and working on new features to add to the site. So much more is to come.

I decided to go with a basic template and use a customized joomla 1.0 template. I've removed the need for a graphic heavy layout as to speed up loading times. So far I've managed to get the site to load at over 10-20 times faster then the competition. Speed, function ability, and sensible visuals is my goal.

Lawyer actually worked through the weekend and we've now got all of our terms approved. So it could be live tomorrow or sunday. Not entirely sure right now, but may way till monday anyway. Still need to do a run through of the features and no telling what issues we may discover, lol.

We didn't even expect to launch before Christmas, but I've had the support of my family as good motivation. So a bit nervous and anxious at the same time about launch.

Hopefully we'll be up and running as soon as possible for everyone to enjoy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #77002 by krileon
Well got the files and database entirely uploaded.

Now weeding through the problems.

CB is giving a session error upon trying to save one of my plugins. Not sure why either. Works fine on local server.

Also my overLIBs no longer work as well. Again, works fine on local server, but not on host.

Local server is apache windows. Host is apache unix.

Can't figure out the overlib problem and that's a critical issue as all the tooltips for CB are displayed with overlibs.

Overlibs do not appear to be working for here either. Perhaps this is an issue with my computers settings, but why would my local server work, lol.

Ok doesn't appear to be just me. I've went to multiple overlib supported sites and works fine. Has to be a host thing.

I have no idea what's doing this, but the overlibs don't work here either. So this is pretty weird.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/11 17:28

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

15 years 6 months ago #77153 by krileon
Sorry everyone, going to have to delay monday release.

I'm going through each component 1by1 and running maximum error reporting with debug mode on. I'm cleaning up all PHP and database errors.

So far it's almost completed. The errors was slowing down the site rather substantially, but now that they're gone it's even faster then before. Which was pretty fast as is, lol.

Shouldn't be long. Also testing e-mail functions and waiting on google adsense approval.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/13 05:48

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

15 years 6 months ago #77235 by krileon
Alright, we've officially debugged the ENTIRE site. That's right. Debug mode on and maximum error reporting. We eliminated EVERY error. The site is 100% stable now.

However we are still awaiting out google adsense approval, but we are discussing release tomorrow anyway.

The site is in fact no longer in offline status. You may go ahead and view the site as you see fit, but registration is disabled.

You may enjoy our very extensive and addictive 1,500+ game arcade while you wait for us to go officially live.

Everything so far is looking pretty good. We've got our paypal account setup. E-mail accounts setup. Everything looks like it's go time, but just waiting on google.

You can locate us here .

You can visit my profile or my partners as shown in the random users box to get a glimpse of what's possible. My profile I have altered slightly using the customize profile feature present. Users can actually modify the entire CSS of their profile. This does include tab locations.

Again, sorry for the delays. We have used the time wisely and will continue to do so.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn