com profiler avatar gallery problem

14 years 4 months ago #8168 by 8track
com profiler avatar gallery problem was created by 8track
How do I upload a bunch of gifs (or jpegs) to the images/comprofiler/gallery?

FTP and shell access tell me "access denied" but I do have root access and haven't had this problem before.

When I FTP using Filezilla I get a "critical upload error"

I'd like to offer my members a wide array of avatars and not force them to upload their own. (uploading one at a time using GD2 is working fine)

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #8547 by pertorstensson
Replied by pertorstensson on topic Re:com profiler avatar gallery problem
8track wrote:

How do I upload a bunch of gifs (or jpegs) to the images/comprofiler/gallery?

FTP and shell access tell me "access denied" but I do have root access and haven't had this problem before.

When I FTP using Filezilla I get a "critical upload error"

I'd like to offer my members a wide array of avatars and not force them to upload their own. (uploading one at a time using GD2 is working fine)

Thanks!


Unfortunatly I've no idea what your problem seems to be, but all I can say is that I had the same problem before I switched to a server with safe mode = off. My own experience is that using CB gets a _whole_ lot easier if you have your site on a server with safe mode = off. I just switched from Surftown (danish company, SM=on) to proInet (swedish company, SM=off), and I tell you, it's like night and day.

Now, whenever you resolve your problem (if you have safe mode = on, my guess is that it won't be until J! 1.1 is released) I've got sort of the same problem... I want to provide my users with a variety of pre-installed avatars, the problem is that you can't seem to use thumbnails as an option for your gallary. Since I'm using Joomlaboard (can't wait til v1.2 is released... :P) the size of the thumbnails are crucial for the avatars in the forum. In my case this means I either can provide only small thumbnails so that the forum avatars works fine, or bigger avatars that looks good in the profile section of CB, but messes the design of the forum and CB login-module completley :S.

Any professional CB-user out there with an answer to this problem?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #9714 by 8track
Replied by 8track on topic Re:com profiler avatar gallery problem
Thanks for your feedback, but man this is really killing me. How can I offer a community site with 7 stock (and stupid) avatars to chose from? Nobody is uploading their own... what a mess!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #9797 by Sageth
Replied by Sageth on topic Re:com profiler avatar gallery problem
Try changing your permissions of /images/comprofiler/ to allow writes.

Post edited by: Sageth, at: 2006/04/07 05:32

Post edited by: Sageth, at: 2006/04/07 05:32

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #15213 by pertorstensson
Replied by pertorstensson on topic Re:com profiler avatar gallery problem
pertorstensson wrote:

I want to provide my users with a variety of pre-installed avatars, the problem is that you can't seem to use thumbnails as an option for your gallary. Since I'm using Joomlaboard (can't wait til v1.2 is released... :P) the size of the thumbnails are crucial for the avatars in the forum. In my case this means I either can provide only small thumbnails so that the forum avatars works fine, or bigger avatars that looks good in the profile section of CB, but messes the design of the forum and CB login-module completley :S.

Any professional CB-user out there with an answer to this problem?


Is it just me, or is this something anyone else have problems with?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #22468 by hattefnatte
Replied by hattefnatte on topic Re:com profiler avatar gallery problem
pertorstensson wrote:

pertorstensson wrote:

I want to provide my users with a variety of pre-installed avatars, the problem is that you can't seem to use thumbnails as an option for your gallary. Since I'm using Joomlaboard (can't wait til v1.2 is released... :P) the size of the thumbnails are crucial for the avatars in the forum. In my case this means I either can provide only small thumbnails so that the forum avatars works fine, or bigger avatars that looks good in the profile section of CB, but messes the design of the forum and CB login-module completley :S.

Any professional CB-user out there with an answer to this problem?


Is it just me, or is this something anyone else have problems with?


I have the same problem. Have you found a solution for this Per?
Or has anybody else?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.422 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn