Disable Joomla email notification

12 years 2 weeks ago #194027 by jeremymcs
Replied by jeremymcs on topic Re: Disable Joomla email notification
/administrator/index.php?option=com_plugins&view=plugins

1. Search for User - Joomla!
2. Click it
3. Set "Notification Mail to User" to No
The following user(s) said Thank You: webiedesign, sachiel, Sarah_au, brco, leap-it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #202867 by bohemier
Replied by bohemier on topic Re: Disable Joomla email notification
Hi,

your suggestion lead me to the solution... if you look into Joomla's (2.5) user plugin, there is an option to disable the notification email there. Setting it to 'NO' will bypass Joomla's email and then you can use CBJUICE's confirmation email function.

Works well for me

Cheers

edit: Sorry I didn't see jeremymcs's post, which points to the same solution

11 years 9 months ago #203162 by mohsho
Replied by mohsho on topic Re: Disable Joomla email notification
This would've been great to know about an hour ago, before I just emailed all 1500 of the users that I was importing. PLEASE, PLEASE put a warning just above the checkbox "Check this box to send a confirmation email to the user" that explains what will happen and the solution given here to prevent it from happening.

This is so embarrassing... My client is going to freak out.

11 years 9 months ago #203171 by wolverton
Replied by wolverton on topic Re: Disable Joomla email notification
This is a Joomla issue, not a CBJuice issue, however we might consider adding a warning in the next version. If you had read the Usage Notes PDF, you would have seen the recommendation to do a test run first, and the Joomla Notification Notes.

11 years 3 months ago #217610 by Sarah_au
Replied by Sarah_au on topic Re: Disable Joomla email notification

jeremymcs wrote: /administrator/index.php?option=com_plugins&view=plugins

1. Search for User - Joomla!
2. Click it
3. Set "Notification Mail to User" to No

Thanks for that. I really wish that the CBJuice team include those instructions in the front page of their package. I just imported my users today and deliberately left the mail user box unchecked. I was both surprised and annoyed that an email was sent, especially at this time of the year. They won't have the first idea what is going on and to top that I now have to send another email explaining what is going on before my site is ready for them to visit anyway.
That is after I have fixed up the blank password thing also.
For all those who come after please address these issues in your instructions for use. It is to late after the mail has been sent.

Very useful plugin otherwise so thanks.

11 years 3 months ago #217611 by Sarah_au
Replied by Sarah_au on topic Re: Disable Joomla email notification

wolverton wrote: This is a Joomla issue, not a CBJuice issue, however we might consider adding a warning in the next version. If you had read the Usage Notes PDF, you would have seen the recommendation to do a test run first, and the Joomla Notification Notes.

How can you do a test run if you don't know about the problem? The problem occurs during the test run because there are no notes or warning about it on the front page like there is about the configuration. Doing a test run results in all the users getting a mail.

I have no idea where the notes.pdf file you menmtiomn is. I always view the content of zip files before installing an extension and saw no READMEFIRST.txt file like I see in so other extensions.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn