Email sent, despite "no email" being checked.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241332 by FSEconomy
I just sucessfully tested CB Juice to import a single test record (using only the username and email fields). The user recieved an email, even though the "Check this box to send a confirmation email to the user." remained unchecked.

Also, In the "cbjuice2 options" page, the subject line for emails (if sent) is "Your website account has been edited".... but the subject line of the email I recieved was "New User Details"

Also... I assumed from what I read that if the "name" field was not included in the csv file, that the "username" would used in both the "username" as well as the "name" field. That did not happen here... the "name" field was populated with the string, "userNM4538dpH8". Which is fine - I can overcome this by copying the "username" column and making another column for "name" in the LibreOffice file. I'm just not sure if I interpreted what I read correctly (that the "name" should have been populated with the "username" value from the csv file if "name" wasn't included) or if this is an unexpected result.

Using CBJUICE V2-3.1.6 on Joomla 3.2.2

Thanks!
Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #241343 by powerj9
Replied by powerj9 on topic Email sent, despite "no email" being checked.
Same. Just sent out emails to users when I was only testing.

Please advise urgently

10 years 2 months ago #241344 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Email sent, despite "no email" being checked.
Recommend reading the documentation. Please note that if you are adding users, Joomla also sends out an automatic email which must be turned off in the options for users. I would imagine that is the email that you are seeing.

10 years 2 months ago #241435 by FSEconomy
Replied by FSEconomy on topic Email sent, despite "no email" being checked.
Did originally read doccumentation, which said that was a Joomla 1.5 issue. I will now assume that it also applies to J 3.x.

I've added the languange overrides per the documentation, and got the expected message "Notice -- Empty message body", and no resulting email. case closed.

Thanks for your quick reply.

@ powerj9, the documentation provides text to be added to a specific file, which basically makes the email subject line and message body "blank", which results in an "error" and therefore no email is actually sent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: powerj9

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn