Reporting Component with Export

11 years 11 months ago #196604 by WebbyWendy
Reporting Component with Export was created by WebbyWendy
This is a very important part of CB and CB Subs that is missing. The ability to create and export reports. Its a must when dealing with money and reporting to a board.

The CB List Management should have an EXPORT function and CB Subs should also have an export button on ALL the listing pages where filters are present.

While CBJuice and CBJuice2 are excellent for downloading raw databases, they do not work for CB Subs, as the Subscription data doesn't download.

Currently, I have to download with CBJuice2, then copy/paste from the Subscriptions page, bring both of these into two spreadsheets, sort each so that they are the same order, then copy columns of one into the other, then deleted all the extraneous columns.

Thanks for listening.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #201278 by jorjones
Replied by jorjones on topic Re: Reporting Component with Export
Additionally, in areas like the subscription query (and hopefully reporting) module, it would be good to be able to edit the list of fields that will appear, including every field that is associated with a user, whether those fields are in com_comprofiler or CB Subs specific fields. Name and e-mail help the webmaster, but the rest of the organization relies on member numbers, which are in a CB Subs special field. I can easily get a raw export of data for this from CB Juice, but I need this information concatenated with subscription data so I can see which member joined or renewed and when. This could be in the CB Subs Subscriptions area or in a Member List, as long as it's exportable as CSV and concatenates CB Subs transactions with CB Subs and CB user data.

Thanks!

11 years 9 months ago #201581 by WebbyWendy
Replied by WebbyWendy on topic Re: Reporting Component with Export
Wondering if this could get a response from the developers or project lead?

11 years 9 months ago #201906 by jsguenette
Replied by jsguenette on topic Re: Reporting Component with Export
+1

11 years 9 months ago #202022 by WebbyWendy
Replied by WebbyWendy on topic Re: Reporting Component with Export
Well - somehow we've hit a brick wall! So much for paying for support.

11 years 9 months ago #202037 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Reporting Component with Export

WebbyWendy wrote: This is a very important part of CB and CB Subs that is missing. The ability to create and export reports. Its a must when dealing with money and reporting to a board.

The CB List Management should have an EXPORT function and CB Subs should also have an export button on ALL the listing pages where filters are present.

While CBJuice and CBJuice2 are excellent for downloading raw databases, they do not work for CB Subs, as the Subscription data doesn't download.

Currently, I have to download with CBJuice2, then copy/paste from the Subscriptions page, bring both of these into two spreadsheets, sort each so that they are the same order, then copy columns of one into the other, then deleted all the extraneous columns.

Thanks for listening.

Yes, I agree that this is a nice feature and we will get such functionality (at least for backend) with CB 2.0.

Regarding other comments about lack of response to this post.

This is not really a support request - support requests should be posted on these forums:

Developer members here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/202020-subscription-start-date-and-validity-duration

Professional members here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support

Advanced members here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/154-advanced-members-support

CBSubs here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/256-cbsubs-support

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn