[#2784] Suggestion - icon link back from Forum

12 years 7 months ago #177186 by drdehart
I agree with the sef problem - we've seen that and the solution I proposed won't work with sef urls. However it does work when pages are changed and posts are made - I'm not the developer, but can have him wade in if you're interested. But if an url parameter is off the table (as an interim, better-than-nothing fix), then it may be a waste of time to discuss how he is doing it. I do know he is using browser history as well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #177428 by krileon
Was able to successfully implement 2 back links (1 at top of kunena and 1 at bottom of kunena). It's style-able as well if you do not like the appearance (classes added to the elements). It'll display at the top right and bottom right as a green arrow (pointing left) with the "Back to XYZ" link next to it. This feature can also be disabled from configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #177439 by drdehart
YOW - that's great! Is that in GJ2.4RC? We're on 2.3 on the live site. What would you suggest as a migration path?

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #177448 by drdehart
also- do you think it will work with Kunena 1.6.3 or will an upgrade be necessary (we were holding out for K2.0 because our upgrade and testing processes are very involved.)

Is the solution a Kunena plug-in? - if we have to upgrade for this function we will do it.

12 years 6 months ago #177460 by krileon

drdehart wrote: YOW - that's great! Is that in GJ2.4RC? We're on 2.3 on the live site. What would you suggest as a migration path?

It will be provided with next release of GJ 2.4 :)

drdehart wrote: also- do you think it will work with Kunena 1.6.3 or will an upgrade be necessary (we were holding out for K2.0 because our upgrade and testing processes are very involved.)

Is the solution a Kunena plug-in? - if we have to upgrade for this function we will do it.

Should work just fine as am using the "onStart" and "onEnd" triggers of Kunena that have been present sense K1.5 (and maybe earlier?). It's implemented directly into the Forum Integration for GJ so it's a part of GJ it self, no need for anything further. Please note it's not implemented in any current releases of GJ 2.x yet and next release of GJ 2.4 will have this feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #177461 by drdehart
is it in the latest RC? If not, can you let us know when it is or will be?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn