[SOLVED] Multiple CB fields

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #165501 by iceman12321
[SOLVED] Multiple CB fields was created by iceman12321
Simple and easy question.

"Version 2.3 introduces a new integration plugin that can be configured to automatically add existing and new users to groups based on the values of specific CB fields. For example, with this integration plugin CB GroupJive 2.3 can automatically add all users with a Country field value of 'Greece' to a group about Greece. It can even be configured to on-the-fly automatically create a new group if needed."

Is this possible for multiple CB fields? For example, I want a group for males who live in Greece (cb_nationaliy = Greece AND cb_sex = Male)...doable?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #165518 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Multiple CB fields

Is this possible for multiple CB fields? For example, I want a group for males who live in Greece (cb_nationaliy = Greece AND cb_sex = Male)...doable?

No, it is single field condition only. Next release will have substitution based conditions where you could then do as you're wanting. As you'd compare 2 values whether substitutions, or static values, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #165543 by blagoic
Replied by blagoic on topic Re: Multiple CB fields
Hello!

I have the following questions:
1. Kill me, but I can not find where I can customize this automatic grouping. How to do it?
2. If this function is available, then it is adjusted only on the field "Country"?

The fact that I have all the users of only one country. I would like to automatically add them into groups according to different criteria. First of all, I'm interested in grouping on the field "City" or "Location".

I'm using:
- CB GroupJive 2.3 RC
- Joomla! 1.6.3
- CB 1.4

Thank you.
Vlad

12 years 10 months ago #165590 by iceman12321
Replied by iceman12321 on topic Re: Multiple CB fields

krileon wrote:

No, it is single field condition only. Next release will have substitution based conditions where you could then do as you're wanting. As you'd compare 2 values whether substitutions, or static values, etc..

Woohoo - This is when I will take the plunge in paying for the membership. This is exactly what I'm looking for. I'll be waiting for wonderful release of 2.4. With the next release, how difficult will it be to add/change these particular parameters? Thank you muchos.

12 years 10 months ago #165678 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Multiple CB fields

1. Kill me, but I can not find where I can customize this automatic grouping. How to do it?

Install the auto integration then navigate to the auto icon from GJs backend.

2. If this function is available, then it is adjusted only on the field "Country"?

No, the documentation is just showing an example. You can condition based off any field you want. Next release to be even more powerful.

The fact that I have all the users of only one country. I would like to automatically add them into groups according to different criteria. First of all, I'm interested in grouping on the field "City" or "Location".

That's doable, but you can currently only condition off of 1 field. However, you can have as many "Autos" as you want.

- CB GroupJive 2.3 RC

You need to upgrade. 2.3 stable is released.

Woohoo - This is when I will take the plunge in paying for the membership. This is exactly what I'm looking for. I'll be waiting for wonderful release of 2.4. With the next release, how difficult will it be to add/change these particular parameters? Thank you muchos.

It has a full backend GUI; so basically it's a couple clicks and you've auto group join, group create, or category create.. whatever you like.. you can have an unlimited amount of autos as well so possibilities are up to you. Simplicity is certainly there as setup is jQuery guided walking you through each parameter 1 by 1 and hiding irrelevant parameters based off selection.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blagoic

12 years 10 months ago #165726 by donaldbane
Replied by donaldbane on topic Re: Multiple CB fields
I have to say - this is exactly what I need. Glad I subscribed!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn