[#3018] Allow posts from non-members

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #183109 by softforge
[#3018] Allow posts from non-members was created by softforge
In our use case, every user is auto joined to their home group when they register (which works great, thanks). However, if they want to post (wall/photo/etc.) in another group they have to join it first. Ideally, we want users to only be a member of their home group but have the ability to post in other groups if they want.

I cant find any settings to achieve this so I guess this is a feature request. It could work well with the Post Approval feature as I could imagine new settings like this:

Allow posts from non-members: Enable/Disable
Auto publish posts: Everyone/Members Only/(Access Levels)

Or something like that. I'm sure you will come up with a better way. :)

Thanks for considering!

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #183166 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Allow posts from non-members
I've added a feature request to allow non-user posts.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3018

Currently when editing your group you can select from a drop-down who may or may not post. Feature proposal is to add a non-user selection to this drop-down so all registered users may post regardless of group access (as long as they're not banned from the group of course).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: softforge

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #183228 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re: Allow posts from non-members

krileon wrote: Feature proposal is to add a non-user selection to this drop-down so all registered users may post regardless of group access (as long as they're not banned from the group of course).

That would be great, thanks very much!

Would it be easy to split the "non-user" option into access levels as well? For us, we would like any Author or above to be able to post in any group regardless of membership. That is why we were thinking a "Allow posts from non-members" option could work.

Thanks again for these great improvements! :)

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #183301 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Allow posts from non-members

Would it be easy to split the "non-user" option into access levels as well? For us, we would like any Author or above to be able to post in any group regardless of membership. That is why we were thinking a "Allow posts from non-members" option could work.

Using ACL would make it significantly more complicated and prompt a large rewrite of the authorization. Plan is to simply be all registered users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #183308 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re: Allow posts from non-members

krileon wrote: Plan is to simply be all registered users.

Fair enough. On our site, only Authors will be able to earn/buy points which they need to post so a registered user wont actually be able to post, even if they try.

Many thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.677 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn