[#3893] notifications for approved groups and users

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #219728 by mothersofboys
I am not finding a way to notify group creator-owners that the group they created has been approved by the Super Admin.

SuperUser is getting email notifications and is able to approve groups - but how is Group Creator going to know that their group as been approved and is now live and published?

same kinda goes for users

If a user that wants to join a group has to be approved by the Group Creator -- can the pending user waiting for approval get an email notification that they have been approved to be a Group member and are therefore 'ready' to engage in the group?

Not finding where/how to set this?

Group Creator cannot adjust notifications until SuperUser approves group. After that, Group Creator can set notifications for new users that join the group, etc... for all other settings options in the front end Notifications.

But users that are pending and waiting their group approval have no idea when they have been approved - how/where is that set?

Thanks
LrG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #219794 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic notifications for approved groups and users
No such notification exists. Only a notification for user approval will send. For stable release of GJ 2.7.0 I'll implement such a notification though.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3893

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #221154 by mothersofboys
Replied by mothersofboys on topic notifications for approved groups and users
so ... wondering again how to tackle this notification issue.

Do you have suggestions as to what I could do now (pre-next-round-of-updates) to alert pending group member requests and to alert owners of pending groups that have been created and approved?

I was thinking of building a field required at registration that would be a checkbox that says "notify me of approvals"

User registrations are sending emails to site owner. But how would a field like this send back to a group-owner that the pending user is requesting notification that they have been approved to join the group?

Once a group-owner sets their notifications to receive notice of member joins, the group-owner is getting emails about new users requesting to join group and needing approval. The group-onwer can then log in and approve the user to join. But the user is not getting notification that they have been approved.

(this all goes for users who have created new nested sub-groups as well. They are not receiving notification that their nested sub-group has been approved)

So if I build a field that requests "notification of approval" - as in "let me know that I have been approved to join a group or the group I have created has been approved" -- how is that filtering back to the group-owner and/or site owner?

Another option maybe is to have the email address optional to show/not show when a user registers and explain in a fields delimiter field that if they choose to show their email on their profile, that the group owner-creator can then notify them via email of the group-creation approval or group-join approval. And if they choose not to publish their email, then they will have to check back in to see if they've been approved.

But - isn't there another plugin, a "security" option, I would have to install to allow a user to choose what fields they want to have show on their profile?

It's CB PRIVACY right?

Still, seems like a lot of legwork for site owners and group owners to let the users know they've been approved when requesting to join a group or create a group.

Thank you for including this in the next round of updates. I see that forge#3893 will include group creation approval notification, but will it also include pending user group-joins notification?

Thanks
LrG

11 years 1 month ago #221280 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic notifications for approved groups and users
GJ 2.7 stable includes an approval notification when their category or group creation requests is approved. GJ 2.7 already included a notification letting them know their group join request was approved. Everything has approval notifications now so I don't understand the issue, please upgrade if you've not done so yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #221323 by mothersofboys
just downloaded the pack to upgrade to GroupJive 2.7.0

In the included cbgj_manual_270.pdf -- on page 4 it states:

1.2 Document Outline
The topics discussed cover the proper GJ installation, optional module installation and the initial setup of these within the Joomla environment. There is also a chapter describing upgrade process for Joomla 3.0.x / 2.5.x / 1.5.x websites.

Am I missing the part in the manual that explains the upgrade process because I have read the whole thing and there was no explanation on upgrading, just installing.

Can I assume that I can just install via CB the new plugin for 2.7.0 and the new, included integrations as needed?

Thanks
LrG

11 years 1 month ago #221324 by mothersofboys
I took my chances and installed the upgrades and it seems to be working!

I am happy with the notifications of the user joins and user group creations!

but my searchBot install was not successful, which is fine. But yet I still have a 'search field' on my categories and group pages. How do I turn this off?

Thanks
LrG

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn