[#2403] Blank page on My Panel

13 years 1 month ago #157274 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: [#2403] Blank page on My Panel
The fixed release is not released, notice it's tagged for 2.1. We're scheduling to release 2.1 this week.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157286 by baparks
Replied by baparks on topic Re: [#2403] Blank page on My Panel

krileon wrote: The fixed release is not released, notice it's tagged for 2.1. We're scheduling to release 2.1 this week.

@krileon.
I'm not sure I wholeheartedly agree with waiting for the next release on a bug that affects so many people. Irregardless of if I have to wait for a week or a couple of days!
I can only speak for myself here but I was under the impression that because this was released to the general public, major flaws like this would have been rectified already or at the very least it should have been released as a beta to let us KNOW that we should expect issues and NOT install this on a live site.

Not cool at all.

Secondly. As this IS currently affecting sooo many users and you say it's been resolved, why not release at least THAT fix.

If I'm missing something I'll gladly pay more attention if you explain it.

13 years 1 month ago #157289 by norfolkandway
Replied by norfolkandway on topic Re: [#2403] Blank page on My Panel
baparks

I think you are missing the fact that this software is free!!

Patients is a virtue - Good things come to those who wait.

What one man can do, So can another.

13 years 1 month ago #157295 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: [#2403] Blank page on My Panel
We did release a Beta and the testers were very helpful, but 10-15 people does not compare to 300,000. A beta was not done after security review which was a goof on our part. Us, and the users alike, were a bit impatience and rushed the release.

Regardless am fixing the issues as quickly as I can and am hoping for a release tomorrow. I don't know how fast you expect me to fix all this and why you think it should happen over night, but that's just not how it works (nor time works, I don't work at speed of light :P ).

I've explained quick fixes for most of the issues in other threads, but because people keep making (aggravatingly) duplicate posts of the same exact issues those quick fixes are lost. I will attach quick fixes to this thread, one last time, if users lose them in the mess of duplicates it will simply wait for next release (hopefully tomorrow!).

Quick fixes as follows according to ticket, not all tickets have a quick fix as are not so easy. No detailed explanation will be provided either, they're straight forward, please read carefully.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2403
IN: tab.cbgroupjive.php
ON: Lines 16, 79, 142, and 210
(change all instances of the below at the above lines)
private function
TO:
public function

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2407
IN: class.cbgroupjive.php
ON: Lines 1022-1032
(replace entire function as noted below)
	public function dateDifference() {
TO:
	public function dateDifference() {
		global $_CB_framework;

static $diff			=	array();

if ( ! isset( $diff[$this->id] ) ) {
			$diff[$this->id]	=	( ( strtotime( $_CB_framework->now() ) - strtotime( $this->invited ) ) / 86400 );
		}

return $diff[$this->id];
	}

The above should fix 2 of the major issues. There are still others, but this should at least make the core of GJ usable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fader8, Avasa, chrisconen, amir00251

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157303 by Avasa
Replied by Avasa on topic Re: [#2403] Blank page on My Panel
TYVM krileon!

I just discovered this plugin today and hats off to you guys; has truly been a great experience thus so far despite bugs here and there.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sidenote: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2407 is only a problem on php 5.2. I upgraded my build to php 5.35 and it went away.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157304 by baparks
Replied by baparks on topic Re: [#2403] Blank page on My Panel

norfolkandway wrote: baparks

I think you are missing the fact that this software is free!!

Free AFTER as part of my subscription which was NOT free. But here I think YOU missed the point.
It's not about weather I PAID for it or not, it's about not necessarily letting us know that while it IS available, it's not truly ready for prime time, so don't expect it to work on a live site as you may expect it to!

Please don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say here.

I am, have been and will continue to be a 100% PAYING supporter of the entire project... come hell or high water...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn