[SOLVED] User Name does not appear on pending invitations

13 years 20 hours ago - 12 years 11 months ago #157948 by bscunningham

See first invitation.

Also old GJ had an option to "force" someone into a group. Is that still possible somewhere?

"Once you go MAC you never go back"
Bill Gates
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 16 hours ago - 13 years 16 hours ago #157992 by krileon
There's no way to force a user into a group aside from backend. Please do not compare 1.8 to 2.0 as they're years apart. I will not be adding the force feature as felt is was a massive privacy issue being able to easily bring anyone users wanted into their group without consent.

The name is not displaying due to formatname field not being on a public and published tab. The tab can be on a not shown on profile position however. Please run GJ tools for it to check that the field is configured correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #158347 by bscunningham
Replied by bscunningham on topic Re: User Name does not appear on pending invitations

krileon wrote: Please do not compare 1.8 to 2.0 as they're years apart.

YES THEY ARE. So sorry, that was indeed an unintentional slight. Thank you so much for your hard work GB2.0 seems to be well worth the wait.

krileon wrote: There's no way to force a user into a group aside from backend. I will not be adding the force feature as felt is was a massive privacy issue being able to easily bring anyone users wanted into their group without consent.

The admin function was what I was looking for. Sorry I missed it. I was looking in Invites and missed users completely :blush: . Having a user lookup with Multi-check option from that tab would be a real nice to have. Same for being able to enter comma separated list of user id's.

The name is not displaying due to formatname field not being on a public and published tab. The tab can be on a not shown on profile position however. Please run GJ tools for it to check that the field is configured correctly.

Got it, thanks!

"Once you go MAC you never go back"
Bill Gates

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn