[#2457] Moderator Promotion

13 years 4 days ago - 12 years 11 months ago #158661 by drdehart
[#2457] Moderator Promotion was created by drdehart
When a group owner promotes a member to Moderator status, that member also becomes a group forum moderator - Good! But when a group Admin promotes a member to Moderator, the member does not become a forum moderator. Seems like they should become a forum moderator no matter how who promotes them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 days ago #158717 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Moderator Promotion
It shouldn't matter who promotes the user. It's the same functions that handle the promotion whether it is the owner or an admin doing it. Am seeing "iffy" results for adding mods/admins as moderators to groups. Have added a bug ticket to investigate further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2452

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 days ago #158776 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: [#2452] Moderator Promotion
I think we figured this out. Kunena adds new user profiles only if user enters to the forum. And if the user doesn't have a Kunena profile, then the GJ Moderator promotion process fails to create a forum moderator.

Kunena has a Sync Users function and after we did that, then new GJ Moderators also become Kunena Moderators. So maybe the Kunena-GJ plugin has to have a function that creates a Kunena profile for anyone that "Joins" a group.

Until the plugin is updated, we will manually sync users daily to avoid this problem. We could also add a sql action to all our CBSubs plans to create a Kunena profile when someone registers. Do you know the proper sql code?

13 years 18 hours ago #158955 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: [#2452] Moderator Promotion
Version 2.2 released which uses direct queries and not API for moderation addition. The API is too unreliable in this respect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 hours ago #159100 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: [#2452] Moderator Promotion
Installed GJ 2.2 - very nice Files Integration feature - guess we don't need that DOCman plug-in now.

But the Moderation issue doesn't seem to be completely resolved. Now the newly registered users that join a group, and are then promoted to Moderator, have a Kunena profile and show on the Group forum as a Moderator, but their username is "faded" compared to the other moderators (see attachments), and they do not have Moderator privileges.

1. I registered a new user, joined the group, promoted to group moderator. The user shows up in the forum as a moderator, but the username is "faded" and the user has no moderation privileges.
2. In the Kunena Admin, the user is now listed, but in the User Manager > Moderation tab, the user is not a Moderator.
3. When I make it a Moderator in Kunena admin, then the username in the forum is bolded and the moderation privileges are enabled.

If I "Synch Users" in Kunena after registering, but before promoting the new user to a Group Moderator, then the new user is made a forum moderator when promoted to a group moderator as it should be.
So it still seems like a Kunena profile must be created before the user is promoted in order to enable forum moderator rights.
Attachments:

12 years 11 months ago #159138 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: [#2452] Moderator Promotion
This is because the user doesn't exist in Kunena yet so obviously the moderator flag for that user can't be set. Your users are going out of sync. There's nothing I or GJ can do about this. You should bring the user sync issue up to Kunena.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn