[#2755] Possible bug with IE and Latest GroupJive release

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #174961 by donaldbane
I go into the community builder component.

I then go to the plug in manager.

I select CB GroupJive

I am presented with various options:Users, Groups, Auto Join, etc etc.

I select Auto Join.

As I work my way down some options become available only once I select certain other options.

This works well in Chrome, but not in IE.

Im using Latest RC GroupJive, CB 1.7, Joomla 1.5.23

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #174986 by krileon

As I work my way down some options become available only once I select certain other options.

It's designed to be progressive.

This works well in Chrome, but not in IE.

How is it not working well in IE? Please be more specific as to what is happening.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #175029 by donaldbane
It might be better if I PM you administrator rights so you can try and create a CB GroupJive 'auto trigger' yourself in IE to see what I mean.

Yup, I get it is meant to be progressive. I have tried (and failed!) to set up the auto feature. What I want is for a newly registered user to be allocated to an already existing group depending on the users house-number, and postcode (eg 672G313DF). If this group doesnt yet exist, then it will be created.

However when you try and creating, or editing the auto trigger in IE, you start to get problems at the catagory name, and group name fields. These fields just flip about.

Ive PM'ed you admin rights.

12 years 6 months ago #175312 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and seams to be a bug regarding IE and jQuery show/hide. Not sure what the exact cause is at this time. Was also able to duplicate locally was will be able to review. Have created the below bug ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2755

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn