[#3811] 2Checkout Not Returning Users Back to My Site

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #215348 by mamamia
I've setup a 2Checkout Testmode gateway. Everything seems to work, but at the end of the (fake) CC tx the user is left on the 2CO order confirmation page with no way to return back to my site. I have followed the CB Subs manual's section on how to setup 2Checkout; here are my 2Checkout Site settings:

Demo Setting: Parameter
URL: [this is not a text area for me to enter anything in and it just shows as blank; not sure if this is correct or not]
Direct Return: Given links back to my website
Secret Word: [configured]
Approved URL:
Affiliate URL:

What I find odd is that according to the 2Checkout help files if you pick "Given links back to my website", then they say that the user will see a button during the order process and clicking on it the user will "be directed to the provided approved URL". So why is the CBSubs manual saying to leave the "Approved URL" field blank? It seems that this may be the problem, but I'm not sure what I should set the field to if I'm going to populate it.

Also, it is worth noting that the "Company Info from 2Checkout using API" field at the bottom of the configuration screen shows the following error:

Error: 2checkout: API acct/detail_company_info fetch error: error status: 401.

But this is odd because the tx seems to process through successfully.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Configuration
Joomla: 2.5
CB: 1.9
CBSubs: 2.0.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #215579 by mamamia
Anybody? Anything? :(

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #215779 by beat
Please check your settings, reading again through CBSubs manual:

The API for auto-recurring payments is different than single transactions.
For autorecurring payments, The API account needs to be created and enabled at 2checkout.com .

For both single and auto-recurring payments:

2Checkout supports only 1 site per account. Thus the site url needs to be approved by them to auto-return. The URL itself is passed by CBSubs automatically, but ignored by 2co as long as site is not approved and correspond to 2checkout account used.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

11 years 5 months ago #215809 by Craig2Checkout
Replied by Craig2Checkout on topic Re: 2Checkout Not Returning Users Back to My Site
Your API username can be created in your 2Checkout account under the Account tab and User Management subtab. From there, please click the Create Username link and create a new username with API Access and API Updating selected for the Access type. Our API can then be accessed with this new username and password you created.

This product passes in the return URL dynamically for each sale using the x_receipt_link_url parameter which requires that the URL being passed matches the URL registered to your 2Checkout account. If the URL on the SIte Management page is blank, there is no URL registered to your 2Checkout account. If you are testing using a demo account, feel free to contact us directly at techsupport@2checkout.com and will will help you set a URL and verify your integration.

Thanks,
Craig
2Checkout.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

11 years 5 months ago #215918 by mamamia
It appears that CBSubs passes in a path, rather than a fully qualified URL, in the x_receipt_link_url field. For example, this is what I see being passed when I use Chrome's Developer Tools and check the HTTP header:

x_receipt_link_url:index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpgacctno=3&cbpbasket=14&result=success&cbpid=cbp50b843698d50f404783817

The above is in the HTTP header which is posted to www.2checkout.com/checkout/spurchase

So does 2Checkout take the value in x_receipient_link_url and append it to the "URL" field that is pre-configured (i.e. as noted in Craig's post)? I am asking because I want to make sure I provide the correct URL when I contact techsupport at 2checkout.

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #216279 by mamamia
Some updates on this...

I have now setup my 2Checkout Account's Site Management page identical to the screen shot shown on page 231 of the CBSubs Manual (v2.0.2). I applied for full access with 2CO and was approved, so I changed the gateway configuration in CBSubs from test/demo mode to normal mode. 2Checkout has assigned the "URL" parameter accordingly so even that shows up correctly on the Site Management page. I changed the API password and assigned it accordingly in CBSubs, which seems to have resolved the issue in the "Company Info from 2Checkout using API" section of the CBSubs configuration: I now see data coming back from 2CO.

My transaction goes through (as it did before), but still I am not getting redirected back to my own website at the end. When I click on the return to shopping button/link, I am sent to a 2CO error page, which displays an error code of PE101.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn