Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT

17 years 6 months ago #23028 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT
acijanos wrote:

I need to know though, why the code can't be offered as open-source? Open source code that could work with the component would increase the value to (me) substantially - I could offer more $ then, probably.

I coded the part that I am referrign to for a company which is offering it as a service. For apparent reasons the value of the service would go down if their clients could download it from the internet and install it on their own servers.

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #23029 by mikko
pcgs wrote:

I would like to be able to do ANY of the following:
  1. Send mass mail to CB lists I've created
  2. Send mass mail to all my registered users of my community
  3. Export the addresses in my community so I can use a bulk mailer.

[/quote]

The fastest way would be to export your database tables #__comprofiler and #__users, put the data in spreadsheet pick the addresses there.

mikko

17 years 6 months ago #23074 by acijanos
Replied by acijanos on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT
Mikko - please email me so we can discuss details.

17 years 6 months ago #23077 by pcgs
Replied by pcgs on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT
Thanks mikko, with a little tweaking this will work. Wish I could find a table that had firstname, lastname, and email in separate records. But found one that had firstname and lastname in one field and the email in another. That had to be good enough and I will make it work.

Also, my apologies to acijanos. I wasn't trying to hijack your thread but have posted my question recently with no replies at all. When I saw your post I had to take a chance. I too was desperate and hoped to learn a solution without interfering with your original post. Thanks for your patience. Good luck to you.

17 years 5 months ago #23672 by jbrowdy
Replied by jbrowdy on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT
I am also looking for this kind of function- any progress to a resolution?

17 years 5 months ago #23706 by mikko
The most straight forward solution would be to install a newsletter component, and then make a SQL query which synchronizes between the newsletter subscriptions and the userlists. You can prevent users from engaging into newsletter management and automate the synchronization.

mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn