Can i force people to chose an avatar?

17 years 3 months ago #25892 by woodway
All fields (for example the adressfield) can be defined as required, so that people have to fill in these forms directly during the registration process. Is it possible that people have to chose the Avatar when they want to register?

If this does not work: Can the admin change the avatar of somebody who has not chosen one before?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #25936 by woodway
Replied by woodway on topic Re:Can i force people to chose an avatar?
Does nobody have an idea? :dry:

17 years 3 months ago #26298 by desngkb
Replied by desngkb on topic Re:Can i force people to chose an avatar?
hmm...i like this idea. When user register and do not have their own avatar, user can choose the default avatar according to their personaliity.

Dont think it can be done on the form itself.

16 years 2 weeks ago #58464 by marauder1000
Replied by marauder1000 on topic Re:Can i force people to chose an avatar?
Hi Woodway,

There is one option, as far as I know. You can try the AutoAssignAvatar component. I guess that would take you half way there - if you can make it work for you, that is.

I have the same [urgent!] need as you.
I'm sick and tired of my users not choosing an avatar, because the default "nopic"-image does not show up in comments made with !JoomlaComment for example. That means that you will have empty spot where the picture should have been when one of these users post a comment. And that's ugly!
:angry:

And there's a lot of other downsides to it as well.
The AutoAssignAvatar component fixes that problem - BUT: it seems to be incompatible with JACL , as far as I can tell. It works on a site where JACL is not installed, but not with JACL running. I'm in a situation where I MUST use JACL and Advanced Profile Control , so I'm stuck without the functionality of AutoAssignAvatar at the moment.

I believe it has something to do with the fact that when you're using JACL, you create your own usergroups, and AutoAssignAvatar does not recognize that. But it's unconfirmed so far. I haven't had a response on my post over at their site yet. I hope to get one some time soon!

I think this feature should be an integral part of the Joomla! core. Off course a webmaster should have the choice to decide the design of his own site - and with this feature missing, there's a BIG gap on that part in every Joomla! based community. An alternative might be at least the option to edit user's avatars from the backend, but not even that exist.

What I'd really like as a feature built directly into CommunityBuilder would be the option of making the upload/choice of an avatar mandatory!

It should be simple really, (though I'm not at all a coder): On the first login the user should be redirected to the avatar update screen [this is already easily done], and they should not be able to navigate away from that screen in any possible way untill the avatar was chosen/uploaded. [this is the hard bit] The check for a username upon login is obvious - a check for an avatar should be relatively easily applied as well?

If anyone have any information about this at all, it'll be highly appreciated, as it's beginning to drive me nuts!
:pinch:

Please help! :(

Thanks very much in advance!

15 years 5 months ago #77083 by BigBen
Replied by BigBen on topic Re:Can i force people to chose an avatar?
Hello everybody ! :)

I have the same [urgent!] need as you.
I'm sick and tired of my users not choosing an avatar, because the default "nopic"-image does not show up in comments made with !JoomlaComment for example. That means that you will have empty spot where the picture should have been when one of these users post a comment. And that's ugly!

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution?

Post edited by: BigBen, at: 2008/10/12 10:58

(sorry for my English, I'm French :) )

15 years 5 months ago #78151 by marauder1000
Replied by marauder1000 on topic Re:Can i force people to chose an avatar?
Hi,...

No I have shelved this for the time being. I'll post again later if / when I find a solution to it.
;)

//Marauder.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn