Success using alternative upgrade from RC2 *ONLY*

17 years 10 months ago #15041 by sunburst
Has anyone had any success using the alternative upgrade method to upgrade RC2 to stable 1? as shown below:

[code:1]
This section is for expert users only, for alternative upgrade from RC2 *ONLY*:
WARNING: no support provided for this alternate method !
a) backup files and SQL database, including ue_config.php
b) unzip the packages and overwrite corresponding CB 1.0 RC2 files
c) restore backed-up ue_config.php and check AND SAVE CB configuration from backend.
d) do following SQL queries in your SQL admin (no need to do them with normal update):
ALTER TABLE `jos_comprofiler_fields` CHANGE `default` `default` MEDIUMTEXT DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `jos_comprofiler_fields` CHANGE `tabid` `tabid` int(11) DEFAULT NULL;
UPDATE `jos_users` SET usertype='Registered' WHERE usertype='';
[/code:1]

Just wanted to know before i attempt it as it seems the easier and quickest way without the need to reinstall all plugins afterwards.

thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #15180 by rhickers
I'm leery of it. I don't see any SQL in the "Experts" section of the README that's going to change the module/title column values in the jos_modules table from "mod_cbloginrc2"/"Login" to " mod_cblogin"/" CB Login".

I had trouble with the regular update method at step 6. The list of modules was empty. It took me a while to figure out that the "Filter" field at the top was getting populated and then a while longer to figure out that somewhere along the line, my webserver set a cookie named "Search" in my browser with the value which was populating the "Filter" field.

17 years 10 months ago #15195 by beat
rhickers wrote:

I'm leery of it. I don't see any SQL in the "Experts" section of the README that's going to change the module/title column values in the jos_modules table from "mod_cbloginrc2"/"Login" to " mod_cblogin"/" CB Login".

Good point... The manual update was for main component mainly :blush: Fergot about this DB change... :blush:

I had trouble with the regular update method at step 6. The list of modules was empty. It took me a while to figure out that the "Filter" field at the top was getting populated and then a while longer to figure out that somewhere along the line, my webserver set a cookie named "Search" in my browser with the value which was populating the "Filter" field.

Wow, this is a wierd bug for the Joomla Q&T forum... using $_REQUEST instead of $_GET or $_POST... Which version of joomla did you use ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 10 months ago #15209 by rhickers
Had just upgraded to 1.0.9.

I did, however do some browsing with mismatched template files before I got that straightened out.

On 1.0.8, I had made revisions to
.../templates/rhuk_solarflare_ii/index.php and to
.../templates/rhuk_solarflare_ii/css/template_css.css

When I was about to recursively copy the 1.0.9 files, I placed my revisions to the latter in the copy source tree, but not my revisions to the former. Only after things looked waaaay wrong did I recall I had revised the former.

I don't know if browsing this mismtch might have caused my issue.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn