Login errors on new install

17 years 10 months ago #15391 by totalaccess
Login errors on new install was created by totalaccess
All the software installed fine, but getting login errors on every account of this: Incorrect username or password. Please try again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #15432 by totalaccess
Replied by totalaccess on topic Re:Login errors on new install
after researching here is what I did:

Installed Joomla
Installed CB
I followed the directions in the zip file.

I then syncronized the data.
Logins stopped working.

I added new account, and account is working.

Old accounts still do not work after data synced.

17 years 2 months ago #31863 by dhazard
Replied by dhazard on topic Re:Login errors on new install
Did u ever get an answer to this? I am having the same problem - and its a huge problem! Anyone?

17 years 1 month ago #31981 by purnendu
Replied by purnendu on topic Re:Login errors on new install
totalaccess wrote:

All the software installed fine, but getting login errors on every account of this: Incorrect username or password. Please try again.

Well I am facing sort of same problem.

Rather more complicated.

Had SMF Installed earlier. Later on I preferred to move my website to Joomla. Got the SMF Bridge Installed and it was working fine for Joomla.

Now I installed Community Builder to enhance my website and all's screwed up.

Two logins are in the frontpage. One of SMF Login and other CB.
If I disable SMF Login, CB Login gives the error wrong username or password.

If I keep both open, then it works fine but shows to Hello Messages. But if I directly login using the Community and then come back to the homepage, it shows myself logged in in the SMF Login Menu but not in CB.

What should I do.

I have tried all combinations.

17 years 3 weeks ago #34902 by milkweed73
Replied by milkweed73 on topic Re:Login errors on new install
I am having these same problems. Did anyone ever some up with a reason for them?

I installed Joomla, then SMF in the same DB, then CB, then the bridge.

I can login with the CB login module, but get an error that its the wrong username or password, you click ok and you are now logged in :)

Meanwhile when you got the the SMF (in skin) forums you are not logged in. If you then login, both CB and SMF show you logged in. If you use CB to log out you go to a page with a 404 error. If you use SMF to logout you get completely logged out of everything with no problems.

Basically it looks like the CB login module is not playing nice at all with SMF.

Anyone???? Please?? I have spend almost 10 hours scouring half a dozen forums trying to find a solution and this is just insane. It shouldnt be this difficult should it?

Ray

16 years 10 months ago #39012 by webbhawk
Replied by webbhawk on topic Re:Login errors on new install
Hey guys. I'm new to this too but I figured it out. I did a series of things to get the end result so please bear with me. I see no one else has offered help.:(

First, I did this: Go to your configuration.php file. It should be located in the root dir. find this;

$mosConfig_live_site = 'yousite.com';

add www to the begining of you url. click save if you're using joomla explorer.

Next, go to your smf bridge configuration. (if you use this component of course). Make sure you have this under the registration tab:
SMF Forum integration: Use Community Builder Registration

Also register into Community Builder? (You must have Community Builder already installed, and be using Bridge Registration): checked YES

This is what did it for me. Good luck!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn