Firefox - change profile

17 years 9 months ago #15524 by jlkettwig
Firefox - change profile was created by jlkettwig
I'm using Firefox 1.5 and I can't update profiles - neither in front nor backend. The first password field is automatically inserted (I have to delete it first before I can update my profile (or other users' profile in the backend). Is this a bug?

I just discovered that not only the first password remains, but also the wrong username (probably a cookie problem, since I am using two different usernames on the same computer)

Would a fresh install help (I am hesitant of having to enter all the fields again)?

No problems with IE in this matter.

Post edited by: jlkettwig, at: 2006/06/18 12:39

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #19294 by jgideon
Replied by jgideon on topic Re:Firefox - change profile
I am having the same issue.

17 years 7 months ago #19549 by sturogers
Replied by sturogers on topic Re:Firefox - change profile
It probably isn't helpful for me to reply to simply say I am having the same issue, but I'm afraid I am, and I suspect many more people are.

I'm pleased I found this thread though because I hadn't realised that it was a browser-specific issue. When I try to edit my profile in IE it works fine.

Just to clarify, in Firefox the edit profile page pre-fills username with "admin" and pre-fills the first password box with asterisks.

Obviously you cannot then submit it without getting the errors:
- the username is already taken
- the passwords do not match

This is a major issue, forcing users to re-set their username and password. Please can someone on the development team look into this problem and post a reply here?

Post edited by: sturogers, at: 2006/08/24 14:46

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn