Looks to be successful install, but...

17 years 10 months ago #15755 by randallemery
Looks to be successful install, but... was created by randallemery
I have a site that started out with Joomla 1.07. I installed CB 1.0 RC2, and everything worked great. I upgraded to Joomla 1.08 and things continued to work fine, but now, after upgrading to CB 1.0 Stable, everything appears to be OK, but I keep getting a blank page (in Firefox) when I try to view any profile. In Explorer I get the following error:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Everything else seems to be fine - the install message, the admin part of CB, the plugs ins. I tired to look at the error logs for the site, but it's on a shared server and the error logs I have easy access to show only HTML errors, not PHP errors. When I turn on debugging in Joomla, I still get a blank page (although I get SQL info everywhere else).

Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #15869 by randallemery
Replied by randallemery on topic Re:Looks to be successful install, but...
Maybe the problem wasn't with Community Builder. I had installed Joomla with Fantastico (available with some control panels), and upgraded manually.

Fantastico had an upgrade option, but the instructions said not to use if you had installed any modules. With my site not functioning, I decided to try a reinstall. I first uninstalled CB, then upgraded Joomla to 1.0.8 via Fantastico (basically overwriting files I had applied manually), and then I reinstalled CB.

Everything worked. I still don't know the problem was in the first place, but thought I share how I got around it.

17 years 7 months ago #19981 by bbranta
Replied by bbranta on topic Re:Looks to be successful install, but...
Have you fixed this problem??
I'm with the same problem and it's the second week i'm trying to correct with no success.
The problem happens since I upgraded from 1.0RC2 to 1.0.1
Thanks,

17 years 7 months ago #19986 by randallemery
Replied by randallemery on topic Re:Looks to be successful install, but...
Yes, reinstalling fixed the problem.

For me it seemed to be related to manually upgrading Joomla after installing via Fantastico. Here are steps I carried out again:

1. back up the web site contents and back up the database

2. uninstall the CB module (should leave the CB tables intact)

3. upgrade Joomla via Fantastico (overwriting a the manual upgrade)

4. install the CB module (should still have information from previous version -- if not, go to backup made in step 1)

Hope that helps.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn