Upgrade installation error

17 years 9 months ago #16084 by mozzer
Upgrade installation error was created by mozzer
Hi there,

I am upgradfing from RC2 and I uninstalled comprofiller as instructed to do in the readme and when i went to install the new version I got:

Another component is already using directory: "/home/mozmorr/public_html/joomla/components/com_comprofiler/"

and it fails to install - any ideas on how i can get round this? I tried renaming the three files left behind in the comprofiler root:

comprofiler.html.php
comprofiler.php
index.html

But this made it impossible for me to log in to upgrade - if I renamed after i logged in it still gave the same error :(

Help!

Thanks,

Moz

PS I can't reinstall the old version either :(

Post edited by: mozzer, at: 2006/06/27 13:19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #16827 by pcjunkie
Replied by pcjunkie on topic Re:Upgrade installation error
Remove the folders or rename them first. save images and media and check the data base for tables. If you have tables left over you should back them up onto a text document using export in phpmy admin and cut and paiste...

After that all should work...

17 years 8 months ago #16830 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Upgrade installation error
pcjunkie wrote:

Remove the folders or rename them first. save images and media and check the data base for tables. If you have tables left over you should back them up onto a text document using export in phpmy admin and cut and paiste...

After that all should work...

DO NOT TOUCH the database tables!
If you do you will lose info.

Just delete the comprofiler folder trees in the component areas (and admin component area).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn