Incompatible with Joomla 1.5?

17 years 10 months ago #16656 by 1NFERN0
Incompatible with Joomla 1.5? was created by 1NFERN0
Hi,

i just tried to install CommunityBuilder on my Joomla 1.5 Alpha2 (latest nightly build) installation, because it is listed as "Joomla 1.5 compatible" at extensions.joomla.org.

But I am receiving an error during installation "Could not copy PHP install file".

Is this a Community Builder or Joomla alpha issue?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #17147 by 1NFERN0
Replied by 1NFERN0 on topic Re:Incompatible with Joomla 1.5?
After getting CB installed with the latest nightly Build of J!1.5, I am getting this error if trying to use backend of Community Builder:

[code:1]Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in D:\Data\xampp\htdocs\joomla_alpha2\administrator\components\com_comprofiler\admin.comprofiler.php on line 21[/code:1]

Line 21 of file admin.comprofiler.php:
[code:1]if (!$acl->acl_check( 'administration', 'manage', 'users', $my->usertype, 'components', 'com_users' )) {
mosRedirect( 'index2.php', _NOT_AUTH );[/code:1]

It seems like anything in Joomla 1.5 got changed, as the CB developers wrote on the forge CB 1.0 Stable has been tested and approved as J!1.5 compatible...

17 years 10 months ago #17157 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Incompatible with Joomla 1.5?
The CB testteam has been testing Joomla 1.5 builds in close cooperation with the Joomla development team.
Since Joomla 1.5 is still being worked on you may encounter builds that have problems with CB. All such problems are being worked upon - the goal being to maintain compatibility.

17 years 7 months ago #22233 by psrch
Replied by psrch on topic Re:Incompatible with Joomla 1.5?
When I install CB on my J! 1.5 testbed, the install goes fine - but then when I access any of the component features, I get the following messages:

Warning: JLoader::require(<snipped by me>/libraries/joomla/common/base/object.php) [function.JLoader-require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <snipped>/libraries/loader.php on line 73

Fatal error: JLoader::require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '<snipped>/libraries/joomla/common/base/object.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php5') in <snipped>/libraries/loader.php on line 73

I'm using the most recent nightly build (as of 10/07/2006) - any ideas what's going on?

17 years 7 months ago #22247 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Incompatible with Joomla 1.5?
CB 1.0 and 1.0.1 has been tested is compatible with latest release of Joomla 1.5, that's alpha 2.

Joomla 1.5 API has evolved, and unfortunately became incompatible on several points with 1.5 svn (for valid reasons).

I'm finishing up tests with joomla core team to get ready for Joomla 1.5 beta API on Oct. 12th.

If you want to contribute to CB testteam tests with Joomla 1.5 starting by Monday, please PM.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 6 months ago #23836 by JoJoomla
Replied by JoJoomla on topic Re:Incompatible with Joomla 1.5?
I also tried to install CB 1.0.1 with joomal 1.5 Beta (12 Oct) and still I have the "JLoader::require" Error.

I hope it will be fixed soon because I need to test with Joomla 1.5

greetz

JoJoomla

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn