Plugin problems

17 years 8 months ago #19117 by djsilent
Plugin problems was created by djsilent
Hello, I'm new to CB, and installed CB 1.0.1, but my plugins don't work. If I change the template, nothing seems effected. And when I install and publish any plugin, I get a white screen of death with no errors or anything, just all blank anytime I try to look at a profile. Is there a trick to making plugin work?

Post edited by: djsilent, at: 2006/08/19 09:11

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #19119 by djsilent
Replied by djsilent on topic Re:Plugin problems
Ok, forget the thing about the template, I'm an idiot. But I still have a problem using ANY plugin that I have found at this site. They all give me the blank white screen.

17 years 8 months ago #19126 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Plugin problems
which plugin?
did you install it?
did you publish it?
I don't understand what you mean by blank screen.

17 years 8 months ago #19157 by djsilent
Ok, I have tried the 3 new SMF plugins, the Marketplace plugin, and the gallery2 plugin, all to no avail. The only one I have found that works for me is the User Home Pages 2 plugin. The rest are all installed, and I was given a Success each time. This is what my profile normally looks like:

File Attachment:

and when I publish any of the above mentioned plugins, this is what my profile looks like (the blank screen):

File Attachment:

Any idea what could cause this?

17 years 8 months ago #19166 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Plugin problems
You need to turn site debugging on with highest error reporting. Then maybe you will see the php error leading to the blank page (or look at php errors log file if you have one).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 7 months ago #19212 by djsilent
With the SMF plugin I get:

[code:1]Notice: Table 'tercel_mamb1.jos_smf_config' doesn't exist in /home/tercel/public_html/includes/database.php on line 282

/home/tercel/public_html/includes/database.php:387
/home/tercel/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_smfinfo/smf_info.php:26
/home/tercel/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php:109
/home/tercel/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php:94
/home/tercel/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php:264
/home/tercel/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php:397
/home/tercel/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php:68
/home/tercel/public_html/index.php:243
Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/Settings.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/tercel:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/tercel/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_smfinfo/smf_info.php on line 29

Warning: main(/Settings.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/tercel/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_smfinfo/smf_info.php on line 29

Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/Settings.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/tercel:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/tercel/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_smfinfo/smf_info.php on line 29

Warning: main(/Settings.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/tercel/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_smfinfo/smf_info.php on line 29

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tercel/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_smfinfo/smf_info.php on line 29[/code:1]

And when trying the gallery2 plugin, I get:

[code:1]Notice: Use of undefined constant aclIds - assumed 'aclIds' in /home/tercel/public_html/components/com_gallery2/classes/core.class on line 376

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/tercel/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_g2bridge/g2bridge.php on line 160[/code:1]

Anything I can do? I'm mostly interested in getting these new SMF ones working so my members can edit their SMF profile.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn