Please login or Register to view or modify your...

17 years 7 months ago #22259 by railer
Hi,
I installed CB into Joomla 1.0.11 and when I try to view a user profile, I get the following message, "Please login or Register to view or modify your profile." When I login as a user, the profile displays properly, but when I logout I get the message again. All user profiles are set to be accessible by "Everybody".
Any idea what is wrong?
Thanks,
Railer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #23040 by McBlaue
I'd love to know the answer to this question too! I followed the instructions I found in these forums to make a public members list, but no joy? Would really appreciate any help...

17 years 6 months ago #23059 by railer
Hi,

This solution is so basic, it's a shame one of the more knowledgeble CB people couldn't have taken a couple of minutes and referred us newbies to it and save us all time. Still, I am appreciative of the time and work that has gone into this component... Sincerely, Railer

My next question is, how to get each user's primary image to display as a thumbnail in the list(s)? I'll post that as another topic.

----

Here's the solution to the original question...

Displaying the Default UsersList:

1. Assuming you already have user profiles set up in CB, go to the Menu Manager for the menu you want to add a menu item to. Click New to make a new menu item.

2. Select "Link-URL" as the Menu Item type.
3. Name your menu item and choose the appropriate other settings for it.
4. In the Link field, enter the following URL, replacing with your domain, of course.

yourdomain.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList

5. Make sure it is published and click save.

Clicking this new menu item will take you to a page that displays your default CB user list in table format.

How to Make URLs to Specific Lists:

1. Assuming you have more than one list already set up in CB... First you must go to the userlist page where it always shows your default list.

2. View the page source for the dropdown box which holds all the various lists. There you will see the listid you need for each list. Copy and paste it somewhere so you can retrieve it when needed.

3. Go back to the default page and select any list from the menu. Copy and paste the pages url into the url field of a new link menu item.

Your link should look something like this...

yourdomain.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&listid=4&Itemid=8&action=search

*note the "&action=search" at the end.

Replace listid with the relevant ids you gathered from the page source earlier and you're done.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn