Guest view profile

17 years 6 months ago #22978 by hmongcommute
Guest view profile was created by hmongcommute
how do i allow guest to view and search profiles because if ur not log in then u can't go to view any profile

afaasdfasdf
asdf
<color> red

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #24251 by dspor6
Replied by dspor6 on topic Re:Guest view profile
I'm looking for something similar. I briefly saw some posts here discussing this... if anyone can help.. (sorry for hijacking this) but I would like the profile displayed based on who you are... ideally on the different acl levels. I'm assuming this is not easily doable (perhaps 1.5 ???) So, at the least for now, public view of public fields vs registered complete views...

Thnks

17 years 6 months ago #24259 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Guest view profile
hmongcommute wrote:

how do i allow guest to view and search profiles because if ur not log in then u can't go to view any profile

I'm looking for something similar. I briefly saw some posts here discussing this... if anyone can help.. (sorry for hijacking this) but I would like the profile displayed based on who you are... ideally on the different acl levels. I'm assuming this is not easily doable (perhaps 1.5 ???) So, at the least for now, public view of public fields vs registered complete views...

to both:

please read the faq before posting.

or please search the forums before posting.

17 years 6 months ago #24313 by dspor6
Thanks Nick. I'm really not being lazy. I did go through some (not all) posts and couldn't find it yet. A brief, yes, it's doable, keep looking or no, not possible... new feature! And if doable, a pointer would be appreciated :)

I'm thinking I wasn't too clear with my question... please allow me to ask again...

I guess I want to flag each profile field an access level, ie public, registered, team1, team2, etc..
Then at run time, dynamically display only those fields based on appropriate access level. This way, the public users can only see those fields that are flagged "public". I don't see an obvious way of doing this so assume its a modification or hack.

This would allow me to keep relavent information available only to registered users (ie phone numbers, etc) or specific groups within the community.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Darko

17 years 6 months ago #24314 by dspor6

17 years 6 months ago #24319 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Guest view profile
dspor6 wrote:

I'm thinking I wasn't too clear with my question... please allow me to ask again...

I guess I want to flag each profile field an access level, ie public, registered, team1, team2, etc..
Then at run time, dynamically display only those fields based on appropriate access level. This way, the public users can only see those fields that are flagged "public". I don't see an obvious way of doing this so assume its a modification or hack.

This would allow me to keep relavent information available only to registered users (ie phone numbers, etc) or specific groups within the community.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Darko

These items are not doable with the current code of CB and Joomla.

You can write a plugin to do some of this in CB but Joomla is still a big issue (true ACL implementation is planned for 1.6, 1.7 of Joomla).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn