installation with joomla 1.5

16 years 10 months ago #38823 by moisea
installation with joomla 1.5 was created by moisea
hello, does anyone hnows how to installl CB with joomla 1.5 beta 2?
i unzipped and instal all 4 mods and comp that come with the CB 1.0.2.
i got succes installation for all four extensions but with this messge

Your extension appears to be written for an older version. You must publish the Legacy System plugin via the Plugin Manager to complete this task.

but no component or module showing
then i published the legacy system then i got this

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in j:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\wd_upfrontec\plugins\system\legacy\functions.php on line 842

on top of my pages front and admin.
i know this should be straightforward, but i seem to be struggling with this installation.
can someone guide me please on this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #39974 by tommyindigo
Replied by tommyindigo on topic Re:installation with joomla 1.5
I have a similar problem when installing with Joomla 1.5. I published the Legacy System plugin, and fortunately did not get the second error reported by moisea...however I was unable to follow the directions in the readme.txt file for installation.

Specifically, I was unable to enable the cblogin module (and the subsequent steps). I know the Joomla 1.5 UI is a bit different and tried to use common sense to perform the same action in the 1.5 interface, but couldn't figure it out.

I am a VERY fresh newbie, but I looked through documentation and could not find install instructions specific to Joomla 1.5.

Hopefully I'm missing something obvious, or there are docs I just didn't find yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

16 years 9 months ago #40699 by axelnom
Replied by axelnom on topic Re:installation with joomla 1.5
I got the same problem.. did you get it to work?

tommyindigo wrote:

I have a similar problem when installing with Joomla 1.5. I published the Legacy System plugin, and fortunately did not get the second error reported by moisea...however I was unable to follow the directions in the readme.txt file for installation.

Specifically, I was unable to enable the cblogin module (and the subsequent steps). I know the Joomla 1.5 UI is a bit different and tried to use common sense to perform the same action in the 1.5 interface, but couldn't figure it out.

I am a VERY fresh newbie, but I looked through documentation and could not find install instructions specific to Joomla 1.5.

Hopefully I'm missing something obvious, or there are docs I just didn't find yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

16 years 9 months ago #40720 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:installation with joomla 1.5
moisea wrote:

then i published the legacy system then i got this

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in j:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\wd_upfrontec\plugins\system\legacy\functions.php on line 842

on top of my pages front and admin.
i know this should be straightforward, but i seem to be struggling with this installation.
can someone guide me please on this?

This is a Joomla 1.5 bug. Please report it to Joomla forum Q&T 1.5 here:

forum.joomla.org/index.php/board,199.0.html

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #42242 by duru
Replied by duru on topic Re:installation with joomla 1.5
moisea wrote:

hello, does anyone hnows how to installl CB with joomla 1.5 beta 2?
i unzipped and instal all 4 mods and comp that come with the CB 1.0.2.
i got succes installation for all four extensions but with this messge

Your extension appears to be written for an older version. You must publish the Legacy System plugin via the Plugin Manager to complete this task.

but no component or module showing

This is no succes as far as I know. It doesn't allow to install CB as far as you haven't enabled the Lagacy Plugin. (as far as I understand due to my very very poor experiences)

So as you did, I enabled the Legacy Plugin on my Joomla 1.5 RC1 and installed the component and all 3 modules.

So the very fresh error I get whenever I try to reach any administrator menu item of CB is

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare deldir() (previously declared in C:\wamp\htdocs\www.ailehekimirehberi.com\dev\plugins\system\legacy\functions.php:714) in C:\wamp\htdocs\www.ailehekimirehberi.com\dev\administrator\components\com_comprofiler\plugin.class.php on line 1251

I look forward to be wrong somewhere.
Please somebody tell me that I made a mistake somewhere.

If not, looks like CB is not compatible with 1.5 and we have to wait till there is a new release.

Any idea will be appreciated.

16 years 8 months ago #42245 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:installation with joomla 1.5
CB 1.1 will fix this and more. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn