A common installation error

16 years 10 months ago #38861 by Brucio
A common installation error was created by Brucio
Get this error trying to install mod_cblogin.zip:
File /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla/media/install_4662511502c97/mod_cblogin.php does not exist!

From what I can see on the forum this seems to be a fairly common installation error. I've searched and I don't really see any clear answers other than "read the Readme.txt", or "Did you unzip the whole file?" Both of which I did.

Could part of the problem be the distribution? This is the first time I've had to unzip a component only to have to re-zip it. :blink:

I wouldn't say I'm a noob; I have installed quite a few components and modules in my production site, but I'm stumped here. BTW, I'm trying to install CBuilder into a virgin site. Comprofiler installed OK.

Joomla 1.0.12 + CBuilder 1.0.2

EDIT: It wouldn't install as a zipped package, but did install after copying the folder to the default install directory:
/Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla/administrator/components/com_installer/module/cblogin/

Post edited by: Brucio, at: 2007/06/03 08:03

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #41340 by gin00gin
Replied by gin00gin on topic Re:A common installation error
It's happening to me with the same module only with the XML file (says it doesn't exist) I've ziped, unziped. i tried to upload the file and install it from there but it does not recognize the XML file. The file is there and in the right folder. Can anyone help me please?

Post edited by: gin00gin, at: 2007/07/20 19:36

g*N

16 years 9 months ago #41352 by Brucio
Replied by Brucio on topic Re:A common installation error
Did you copy the cblogin folder to /administrator/components/com_installer/module/ ?

Then go to the admin backend and install from there. If that doesn't work I would re-download the files. If it still gives an error, change the mode of your ftp program (if you are using one) from ASCII to binary or vice-versa. Hope that helps.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn