Fatal Error installing on a local server

16 years 8 months ago #41436 by Wedid
Hi
I am totally new to both joomla and CB. I am trying to learn what i need to know on a local server (wamp). I have just installed CB which all seems fine, and published the login module. However if i click register etc i recieve the follwing error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in C:\wamp\www\Joomla\mambots\content\mosemailcloak.php on line 133

I have no programming knowledge and so do not know what this means or what i can do to solve the issue.
Can someone help point me in the right direction.
Thank you in advance

Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #41442 by beat
There is a php setting (in php.ini file) for memory_limit which needs to be increased from what it is to more :)

On hosted servers, your hoster is usually doing this for you, if not already done.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #41495 by Wedid
Thanks Beat for helping so quickly. I need a little more help; I have found the php.ini file in wamp and opened it in notepad. The only reference to memory_limit seams to be under the heading resources and states
memory_limit 8mb

I changed this to a higher number and saved the file. However now if i open joomla i recieve the joomla error unavailable please see system administrator.:S

I must apologize for my lack of knowledge and hope that you can explain to me how i should go about changing this php.ini file, or should i contact wamp

Thanks again for the help:)

15 years 7 months ago #71705 by jgodek
Replied by jgodek on topic Re:Fatal Error installing on a local server
hey this doesnt work. I need another fix. Still cannot install - Fatal error.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn