Problem with public view of profiles

16 years 8 months ago #41646 by bastiaan
Problem with public view of profiles was created by bastiaan
Hi all,

Just learned that public users cannot view the profiles of our members anymore.

I've just upgraded from Joomla 1.0.11 to 1.0.12 and switched from SMF to Fireboard but I am not sure it is related, (I never check the front end when not logged in...)

The problem:
We have several list of users profiles with different status.
The lists show ok but when I click on a name I get the error message that I need to be logged in to view this page.

What I tried:

First I disabled all plugins to eliminate possible problems from there. Result: no change

Then I looked at the address bar and found it odd that there was an item request after the usersnumber and removed it.
Result: page was viewable again!

Thisone errors:
www.cinematography.nl/portal/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=65&Itemid=29

but this one works:
www.cinematography.nl/portal/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=65

Can anybody hint me what might cause this problem?

(Logged in there are no problems)
Using Joomla 1.0.12 with latest CB on Unix system with PHP5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #41647 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Problem with public view of profiles
You probably need to recreate the CB profile menu entry.

Even though that's the job of the component, Joomla 1.0.12 newly checks also on on the menu access levels for authorizing public view, and somehow, probably the menu entry became out of sync (that's the Itemid part).

Joomla 1.0.13 (incompatible with CB 1.0.2, wait for CB 1.1) has a global setting to revert Itemid behavior to earlier Joomla versions.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #41648 by bastiaan
Replied by bastiaan on topic Re:Problem with public view of profiles
Hi Beat, thanks for the quick reply.

Your solution did not work but hinted me in the right direction:

I found that in the menu's I use the whole URL with http://xxxxxx and then de index.php? stuff

removing the first part and only leaving:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&listid=2

did the trick. apparently there is a change in 1.0.12 that needs this.

Again thanks for the help and great component!
Bastiaan

16 years 8 months ago #41759 by klowe
Replied by klowe on topic Re:Problem with public view of profiles
I had the same problem and just noticed it. Now there is some funky issues. I had a menu link called "profile home" set to "registered" and it links to the community builder component. When logged in it takes you to your profile. Since it is set to registered no one can see profiles even though I have them set to public. If I make that menu link "public" then viewing of profiles works. The down side is now I have a menu item that people can see, but it is only relevant to members. any suggestions?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn