Advance Search & Joomla 1.5

16 years 4 months ago #50047 by jlawless
Advance Search & Joomla 1.5 was created by jlawless
I have just upgraded to Joomla 1.5. I did a fresh install. I have installed CB, Fireboard, Groupjive with no problem but I am having problems with the Advance Search component. I get the message that installation was successful and need to "press the Update Icon in the Advanced Search Menu!!!" When I click on the Advance Search Component I get the following error message:

Warning: createtemplate(/home/ftsjor/public_html/joomla/includes/patTemplate/patTemplate.php) [function.createtemplate]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ftsjor/public_html/joomla/administrator/components/com_cb_search/cb_search.class.php on line 303

Fatal error: createtemplate() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/ftsjor/public_html/joomla/includes/patTemplate/patTemplate.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ftsjor/public_html/joomla/administrator/components/com_cb_search/cb_search.class.php on line 303

Not sure what to do. Thanks in advance.

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #50068 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Advance Search & Joomla 1.5
It does not seem to be compatible. There is another post about this today or yesterday.

Mikko

16 years 1 month ago #57037 by Camino
Replied by Camino on topic Re:Advance Search & Joomla 1.5
John, I encountered the same problem. I am not a programmer or anything near that. However, I guess I found a workaround for our problem.

In Joomla 1.5 the "createtemplate function" which is required in

'/joomla/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbadvancedsearch/cb_search.class.php' on line 303 (or 304 in my newer version)

can not be found in '/joomla/includes/patTemplate/patTemplate.php'

Reason: In J1.5 pattemplate is stored in '/joomla/libraries/patTemplate/patTemplate.php'. However, additionally the createtemplate function is not defined in J1.5 pattemplate.php. Therefore you can't just change line 303 (304) in '/joomla/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbadvancedsearch/cb_search.class.php' to the other folder direction.

What I did as a workaround is the following: I took pattemplate and all sub folders from Joomla 1.0 and created '/joomla/includes/patTemplate/patTemplate.php'. Thus there are two pattemplate folders in my Joomla.

It is working for me! I assume that this workaround is not the best way and not very elegant. Either createtemplate function has to be included into J1.5 properly or an appropriate J1.5 function should be used in cb_search_class.php.

Maybe this can be taken into account for further developments. I also posted this on mikkosoft.fi

16 years 4 weeks ago #57853 by Tenguka
Replied by Tenguka on topic Re:Advance Search & Joomla 1.5
Thanks for the Tip about moving the patTemplate folder into /includes/. It fixed my GroupJive problem as I was getting the same error as you.

Cheers,
-Tenguka
www.warriorzone.com
Warrior Tech

15 years 11 months ago #60587 by pmoore
Replied by pmoore on topic Re:Advance Search & Joomla 1.5
i installed the template as advised and was able to access the configuration - however when i ran a search from the fron t end i get this error

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in \administrator\components\com_cb_search\cb_search.class.php on line 281

has anybody got any ideas...there is just no substitue for this search feature avaiable

15 years 10 months ago #62434 by billylabotski
Replied by billylabotski on topic Re:Advance Search & Joomla 1.5
I've had the same problem, too.

Ii'm surprised this hasn't been addressed yet, as it seems to be an incompatibility with Joomla 1.5 and CBsearch.

Anyone at all?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.680 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn