Joomla 1.5 Stable Released!!!

16 years 3 months ago #54895 by Rapunzl
Joomla 1.5 Stable Released!!! was created by Rapunzl
Uh oh. Does this mean we should wait for any upgrades to CB and plugins or dive in head first? Any known issues at this point?

oops! should be up one notch in 1.1.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2008/01/22 13:48

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #54897 by mattioi
Replied by mattioi on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 Stable Released!!!
:::::::::BUMP:::::::::::

16 years 3 months ago #54899 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 Stable Released!!!
I'm sure as hell not switching my commercial site with 3000 members over and going through the hell of finding out the 80% of my plugins and modules won't work! I'll wait a while...

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

16 years 3 months ago #54908 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 Stable Released!!!
We have currently CB 1.2 beta 2 in CB testteam, and first reports say that CB itself works flawlessly with Joomla 1.5 stable. But CB 1.2 had a few workarounds for joomla 1.5 svn bugs, which were said to be fixed in the last days, so you need to check if CB 1.1 works.

We do strongly recommend to NOT rush to upgrade live sites to Joomla 1.5, before some experience hasn't been gained, as the immediate advantages are not really visible.

The CB testteam will continue concentrating tests on CB 1.2 beta with Joomla 1.0, Joomla 1.5 stable and Mambo 4.6.3, as the CB 1.2 release isn't that far away.

In the last days, Joomla seem to have fixed the bugs reported which affected CB 1.1 on Joomla 1.5, but we didn't test that yet.

CB 1.1 requires (and CB 1.2 will still be requiring it) that the "legacy plugin" of Joomla 1.5 is turned on for installation and operation. Future CB versions will stay compatible with Joomla 1.0 and Mambo 4.6.3+, and run native accross platforms.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 3 months ago #54921 by mattioi
Replied by mattioi on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 Stable Released!!!
Golfspace you said it! B)

Here is my additions to your list

--
9.) Ajax integration and error checking on sign up page fields.

10.) Some type of integration of Nants Gallery and your CB AVATAR (just like myspace)

11.) Ajax dragable user profiles pages (facebook)

12.) The ability to run Community Builder in a standard 1.5 Joomla environment (Running Joomla 1.5 in legacy mode for the sake of CB not being compatible makes it pointless to upgrade and identical to a 1.1.x build).

The whole reason they implemented the legacy mode feature in Joomla 1.5 is to run Joomla as if it were 1.1.x. You do not take advantage of any of the features of 1.5 when legacy mode is enabled.
--
The time is now to polish your product or someone else is going to step in and address these things. Charge money for it if thats what you need to invest some more hours into it(I sure as heck would pay if it did this stuff).

Post edited by: mattioi, at: 2008/01/22 20:45

16 years 3 months ago #54922 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 Stable Released!!!
mattioi wrote:

Golfspace you said it! B)

Here is my additions to your list

--
9.) Ajax integration and error checking on sign up page fields.

10.) Some type of integration of Nants Gallery and your CB AVATAR (just like myspace)

Amen to your 9 and 10. That's a good idea for Nant's gallery, the ability to simply select "make primary profile photo" from the gallery...

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn