Joomla 1.5 Stable Released!!!

16 years 2 months ago #54929 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 Stable Released!!!
mattioi wrote:

The time is now to polish your product or someone else is going to step in and address these things. Charge money for it if thats what you need to invest some more hours into it(I sure as heck would pay if it did this stuff)

really?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #54933 by mattioi
Replied by mattioi on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 Stable Released!!!
Absolutely, if this had some of these more advanced features I could totally see myself paying a monthly fee to be a member of your site.

---

After all I pay a monthly fee for Rocket Theme, Template Plazza, Ninja something or another etc...

Post edited by: mattioi, at: 2008/01/22 21:48

16 years 2 months ago #54934 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 Stable Released!!!
mattioi wrote:

12.) The ability to run Community Builder in a standard 1.5 Joomla environment (Running Joomla 1.5 in legacy mode for the sake of CB not being compatible makes it pointless to upgrade and identical to a 1.1.x build).

The whole reason they implemented the legacy mode feature in Joomla 1.5 is to run Joomla as if it were 1.1.x. You do not take advantage of any of the features of 1.5 when legacy mode is enabled.
Post edited by: mattioi, at: 2008/01/22 20:45

Thanks for your suggestions, CB team has a even bigger list for this year than just "make it like this and make it like that". ;) (many thanks to all the documentation subscribers ;) )

Regarding your statement about 1.5 and native v.s. legacy, I'm sorry, but your statement is wrong, and needs following precision:

Joomla 1.5 is not "either native *or* legacy", but can do "native and legacy at same time", and that without any noticable change in performances.

Just because you have legacy on does not mean that native components cannot work.

So saying that a component using the joomla 1.0 API will avoid you using and "taking advantage" of the "native" API is wrong, and needed the above precision.

EDITED for missing quote meta-tag making my post ununderstandable.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/01/22 21:52

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 2 months ago #54959 by cosmicfantasia
Replied by cosmicfantasia on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 Stable Released!!!
Although I'm assuming the answer will be 'when it's ready', do you have any estimates of when 1.2 should be released?

Is there any way to get it earlier and provide testing feedback?

16 years 2 months ago #54985 by pvh
Replied by pvh on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 Stable Released!!!
Yes, Beat ;) What is the verdict? I really have been waiting till 1.5 stable and a CB that goes with it without Legacy switched on. There is no other product like CB in the house and therefore you guys have a monopoly position (which can be nice)in the world of Joomla community systems.

I am prepared to help out in testing if needed! Oh yes and I have payed my fee (lol).

Rgrds,
Pieter

16 years 2 months ago #54988 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 Stable Released!!!
pvh wrote:

Yes, Beat ;) What is the verdict? I really have been waiting till 1.5 stable and a CB that goes with it without Legacy switched on. There is no other product like CB in the house and therefore you guys have a monopoly position (which can be nice)in the world of Joomla community systems.

I am prepared to help out in testing if needed! Oh yes and I have payed my fee (lol).

Rgrds,
Pieter

COOL 8) Thanks for supporting us, hope you like the manual.

CB 1.2 is in beta stage and will require legacy mode. You are welcome to join CB testteam by pming Nick (nant). :)

The release after CB 1.2 should be running native accross cmses.

As said turning legacy on doesn't remove anything of joomla's native mode, so it's really a non-issue at this stage. But you probably want to wait a few releases before using it on production sites. ;) By that time, CB should be runining native as well ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn