Workflow

17 years 10 months ago #13127 by ericc
Workflow was created by ericc
Hello

Someone can explain me the real function of the "WorkFlow" module ?

Is it only to remember the moderator to validate new user , and uploaded picture ?

Is it possible to see also the pending validation of new articles ?

On my site :
Users are validated automatically via email
Pictures aren't controled ...
so do I need the workflow module ?

Cheer

ericc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #13170 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Workflow
The CB Workflows module handles workflows associated with CB.
These are:
- moderating new user applications (if moderator approval required)
- moderating profile avatar (if required)
- moderating user reports
- moderating unban reports
- handling pending connections

17 years 10 months ago #13320 by ericc
Replied by ericc on topic Re:Workflow
Hi Nant

Thanks for the clear answers !!

I have almost 10 Authors in my site. So they write article , and I (or orther moderator) must validate all them article.

In Joomla, I receive message when a new article is done ... but moderator can log on in the back-end (they are only Publisher, I change the default minimum level to be moderator :) ) .

Is there a way to see also new article (news) waiting for validation , in the workflow module ?

Should I open a feature request ? :side:

ericc

17 years 10 months ago #13323 by nant
you are miximg up joomla and cb.
All content is managed by joomla.
Articles are content items.
These are approved by joomla functionality via the joomla backend.

The CB Workflow module can only handle CB related task as pointed out in previous post.

17 years 10 months ago #13379 by ericc
Replied by ericc on topic Re:Workflow
nant wrote:

:ohmy:
Means that CB and Joomla are 2 differents thing ....

I installed CB first because it's seems to add new feature to Joomla (as the possibility to create new field in the user profile).

Do you mean that the purpose of CB is NOT to be fully integrated in Joomla :unsure: ?

Sorry but there is something I don't follow ... where is the added value of CB if you stay always separated from joomla ...

Today, CB just give new field in the profile of the user , but this new field are in CB not in Joomla, and also not in SMF. If I remove CB, I will not see any difference , just in the login and the registration phase ....

What is the final purpose of CB ?
What can we do with connexions ?

I will try find a document to understand the role,the aim of CB ... because if you are not integrated in Joomla, I dont see the point ....

Cheer
ericc

17 years 10 months ago #13380 by nant
ericc wrote:

nant wrote:

:ohmy:
Means that CB and Joomla are 2 differents thing ....

I installed CB first because it's seems to add new feature to Joomla (as the possibility to create new field in the user profile).

Do you mean that the purpose of CB is NOT to be fully integrated in Joomla :unsure: ?

Sorry but there is something I don't follow ... where is the added value of CB if you stay always separated from joomla ...

Today, CB just give new field in the profile of the user , but this new field are in CB not in Joomla, and also not in SMF. If I remove CB, I will not see any difference , just in the login and the registration phase ....

What is the final purpose of CB ?
What can we do with connexions ?

I will try find a document to understand the role,the aim of CB ... because if you are not integrated in Joomla, I dont see the point ....

Cheer
ericc

Wow ... you are jumping the gun too fast ...
Most of what you are stating is probably due to the fact that you are relatively new to joomla.

Joomla is a CMS environment.
Joomla has a component framework.
Joomla components add functionality to Joomla.
Joomla components do NOT change Joomla functionality.
Content administration is a core Joomla functionality.
User groups (superadmins, admins,registered,authors,etc) are Joomla core functionality items (ACL etc).
CB is a Joomla component (and also some Joomla modules).
CB does NOT alter in anyway joomla files.

All the above are things you must accept.

CB is fully compatible with Joomla - it is one of the most Joomla compatible components around. The CB Core team is in constant communication with the Joomla core team to make sure that compatibility is maintained.

So -
+ of course Joomla and CB are 2 different things.
+ CB is very compatible and integrated with Joomla (as any Joomla component that doesn't hack Joomla core)
+ CB does not take over core content managemen functionality present in Joomla (and will never do this!)
+ CB does not tinker with user groups (see JACL) or other core Joomla functionality

The what can you do with connections question is another story and must be handled in another discussion.

Welcome to Joomla!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebs

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.660 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn